Wockhardt Hospital's existence is the result of a 40-year tradition of caring and innovation nurtured by Wockhardt Ltd, India's 5th largest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare company with a presence in 20 countries across the globe. By consistently investing in technology and infrastructure which match international benchmarks, Wockhardt Hospitals are today, one amongst the best healthcare institutes in the country. The group has a pan India presence and provides super specialty care in Cardiology/Cardiac Surgery, Orthopedics, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Minimal Access Surgery and Women's health.
Wockhardt Hospitals currently runs 7 hospitals located at Goa, Nagpur (I & II), Nashik, Rajkot, Surat and Vashi. Wockhardt would initiate its presence in South Mumbai with a new hospital in 2014.
Wockhardt Hospitals follow process driven quality systems that adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, medication safety, respect for patient rights and privacy and infection control standards. With the latest technology, multi-disciplinary capability, state of the art facilities, world-class infrastructure and excellent patient care ambience and processes, Wockhardt is poised to become the most advanced and progressive healthcare institution in India.
Mission and Vision
We at Wockhardt Hospitals believe that the core values of excellence, respect, teamwork, integrity and caring are essential for the wellbeing of our staff and our patients and this is evident in the vision and mission of our hospitals.
"Wockhardt Hospitals will strive with excellence to fulfill the needs of the community in its chosen field of medical treatment"
Because of our emphasis on high teamwork we bring together all the necessary disciplines and skills from the many resources of our organization to serve our patients better and attempt to set the Wockhardt Care in a league of its own.
"To serve and enrich the quality of life of patients suffering from diseases, through the efficient deployment of technology and human expertise, in a caring and nurturing environment with the greatest respect for human dignity and life."
Wockhardt Hospitals believe in setting the best practice standards in our services, continuously improving performance and exceeding the expectations of our patients as well as their families. We believe in building and maintaining long-term patient relationships, so as to become an essential resource for their well being. We believe in:
- Training and developing the best human resource as the key to deliver superior patient service.
- Consistently investing in technology and infrastructure to match international benchmarks.
- Leading the development of professional standards in Healthcare Management.
- Continuously educating the community about the prevention of cardiac disorders.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai
- Acquisition of Management and Operation of TUIMSAR (The Umrao Institute of Medical Science and Research), North Mumbai
- NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals Goa, becomes the first NABH accredited hospital in the state
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nashik, receives NABH accreditation
- N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals Rajkot, receives NABH accreditation
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director of Wockhardt Hospitals and daughter of Habil Khorakiwala (Founder Chairman & Group CEO, Wockhardt) wins Business Today award for most powerful women in Indian Business
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur rated as the best Multi-Specialty hospital in the region
- Commissioned NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman & Group CEO Habil Khorakiwala’s only daughter and the youngest of her three siblings, appointed as Executive Director and promoted as MD later for Wockhardt Hospitals.
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur, has become the first multispecialty hospital in central India to be accredited by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care Providers)
- Wockhardt Hospitals sold ten of the 17 hospitals it owns to Fortis Healthcare
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik
- Wockhardt Hospitals inked a memorandum of understanding with CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme), giving access to thousands of Central Government employees to cardiology services at the two facilities at King Koti and LB Nagar
- Super-specialty hospital in Mumbai became one of the first hospitals in South Asia to receive international accreditation from JCI
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Kalyan, Mumbai
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur
- Commissioned Adventist Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Surat
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore
- Commissioned Sterling Wockhardt Hospitals, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Chord road, Bangalore
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Centre, Hyderabad
- Commissioned N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals, Rajkot
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore
- Wockhardt Hospital Mumbai has been accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI), only the second health care provider in India to earn this distinction
- Commissioned Kamineni Wockhardt Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Nagpur
- Dr. Joseph Boyd Martin, Dean of Harvard Medical School, Harvard University USA formally inaugurated four new specialty hospitals at Mulund complex - Brain & Spine Hospital, Bone & Joint Hospital, an Eye Hospital and, a Minimal Access Surgery Hospital
- The Heart Hospital performed India's first endoscopic heart surgery
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Mulund, Mumbai
- Wockhardt Hospitals is associated with Partners Harvard Medical International, an international arm of Harvard Medical School, USA
- Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of pharmaceutical major Wockhardt Ltd, has tied up with four international health insurance companies to offer medical cover to non-resident Indians
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Kidney Institute, Kolkata
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Heart Institute, Bangalore
- Commissioned Wockhardt medical center, Kolkata
- Originally called First Hospitals and Heart Institute was established in Mumbai and were one of the early movers among corporate Healthcare chains in India