Click on a name to view the detailed consultant profile
|CARDIO THORACIC & VASCULAR SURGERY|
1. Dr. K.G Jayaprasanna is one of the few to learn and practice Cardio- Thoracic and Vascular surgeries from renowned center within and outside India. After obtaining training in Cardio-Thoracic & Vascular surgery from All India Institute of Medical Science New Delhi, he worked in the best centers like a Indraprastha Appolo Hospital Delhi, Royal Adelaide Hospital and The Prince Charles Hospital Brisbane, Australia. He has an exposure to more that 7500 Cardio-Thoracic and Vascular surgeries of which he has performed about 2500 surgeries independently. At Royal Adelaide Hospital he got expertise in complex aortic and minimally invasive Cardio-Thoracic surgeries.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery using multiple
- Arterial grafts.
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Pulmonary Resections
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgerie
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND FELLOWSHIP :
- 1992-1995 MCh (CTVS) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- 1995-1996 Sr. Registrar (CTVS) Wockhardt Heart Hospital, Bangalore
- 1996-2000 Associate Consultant (CTVS) Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- 2003 Sr. Register Cardio Thoracic Surgery- Royal Adelaide hospital, Adelaide, Australia.
- 2003- 2004 Sr. Reg & Fellow Cardiopulmonary Transplant, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2004 Full time Consultant Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, (CTVS) New Delhi
- July 2004 onwards Full time Consultant Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur (CTVS)
2. DR. SAMEET PATHAK pursued his M.B.B.S. and post graduation from Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur. He then went on to pursue M.Ch at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute, Trivandrum. He has acquired expertise in his chosen field with a working experience of almost a decade with organizations of high repute in India and abroad as well. He has a keen liking for procedures done by Beating Heart Off-pump technique. He has hands on expertise on:
CABG CABG with Valve Replacement MVR, /AVR,/ DVR RSOV Repair ASD, VSD, VSD with PS, TOF total repair, Coarctation of aorta, PDA ligation (Thoracotomy approach as well as VATS technique). Simple & Complex Congenital Procedures
Papers, Publications & Associations :
- Ten Research Publications in International Journals.
- Attended a number of Conferences on Cardiac Surgery.
- Read many papers at various Cardiac Surgery Conferences.
- Fellow of Flinders Medical Centre, Cardio Thoracic Department, Adelaide, South Australia.
|CRITICAL CARE AND INTERNAL MEDICINE|
1. DR. AJAY SAKHARE After pursuing his MD from esteemed Government Medical College, Nagpur Dr.Sakhare had a great Exposure in Running OPD in Medicine and Cardiology at Nagpur. He has a skilled hand in Procedural Expertise in CVP Insertions, lntubation, Temporary Pacing and Ventilators etc. This was not enough for Dr. Sakhare to satisfy his educational thrust so he also pursued DNB in General Medicine in the year 2000. He also pursued some of the major courses like
Certificate course in 2D Echocardiography and Dopplar at Mumbai. He can perform and interpret Stress Test as well. Dr. Sakhare has also rendered his knowledge as a lecturer in Dept. of Medicine at Government Medical College where he is considered to be a guide for undergraduate as well as post graduate students of Nagpur.
Dr. Sakhare is able to perform some ofthe important procedures required in ICU independently like Central Venous catheterization, Arterial cannulation, Insertion of swan, Pulse induced contour cardiac output insertion and interpretation of data. Dr Sakhare is well verse in Non Invasive Ventilator technique, Percutaneous Tracheostomy.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- 1995 MBBS Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur
- 2000 MD Medicine Government Medical College, Nagpur
- 2000 DNB(Gen. Med.) National Board of Examination, New Delhi
MAJOR COURSES ATTENDED :
- Certificate course in 2D Echocardiography and Dopplar by Dr. Lotikar at Mumbai.
- He has undergone extensive training in Critical Care Medicine for 2 year at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai
- Worked as Lecturer in Dept. of Medicine at Government Medical College, Nagpur for more than 2 years.
2. DR. ATUL SOMANI After pursuing his MD from the esteemed J J Group of Hospitals, Mumbai Dr. Somani had a great exposure in running OPD in Medicine and Cardiology at Nagpur. He has a skilled hand in procedural expertise in CVP Insertions, Temporary Pacing and Ventilators etc. Dr. Somani also pursued some of the major courses like Basic and Advanced Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation conducted by Critical Care Society Of India in the year 2004 at Nagpur. Basic and Advanced Mechanical Ventilation conducted by ISCCM in 2004 at Nagpur.
National Trauma Management Course Conducted By Academy of Traumatology India and International Association for Surgery of Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care in the year 2006 at Nagpur.
- Procedural Expertise in CVP Insertions, Temporary Pacing and Ventilators etc.
- Professional Qualification (1994) MBBS LTMMC Sion, Mumbai (1999) MD Medicine JJ Group Of Hospitals, Mumbai.
MAJOR COURSES PURSUED :
- Basic and Advanced Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation conducted by Critical Care Society Of India in the year 2004 at Nagpur.
- Basic and Advanced Mechanical Ventilation conducted by ISCCM in 2004 at Nagpur.
- National Trauma Management Course Conducted By Academy of Traumatology India and International Association For Surgery of Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care in the year 2006 at Nagpur.
PAPERS PRESENTED :
- Basics Of ICU Management at Multispeciality Hospital in Nagpur in 2005
- MODS at lMA,Yewatmal in 2006
- Acute pulmonary complications in Pregnancy at lMA Amravati Chapter in 2007
- Coronary Angioplasty and stenting
- Transradial Angiography & Angioplasty
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND LECTURER :
- 1982-87 M.B.B.S from Government Medical College & Hospital Nagpur
- 1987-90 M. D. (Med) from Government Medical College & Hospital, Nagpur
- 1990 D.M. (Cardiology) from Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Group of Hospital,Mumbai
- 1993-95 Lecturer at Department of Cardiology, Grant Medical College & Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai
- 1999-till date Honorary Associate professor of Cardiology at Superspeciality Hospital & Government Medical College, Nagpur
- 2000-01 Fellowship of Amsterdam Department of lnterventional Cardiology Onze Lieve Vrouwe Gasthuis (ADIC OLVG),Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- 2004 Awarded fellowship of American College of Cardiology (FACC) at 53″ Annual Scienti?c held at New Orleans, USA.
- 2006 Awarded Fellowship of Cardiological Society of India (FCSI) AT 2″ Convocation held at New Delhi
- 2007 Awarded Fellowship of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI) at 57″ Annual Scientific Session held at Chicago,USA.
- 2008 Awarded Fellowship of Asian Pacific Society of lnterventional Cardiology (FAPSIC) at 3′ APSIC Fellowship Convocation at Seoul, South Korea
- Late Dr. P.N. Dubey Gold Medal for securing highest number of marks in Anatomy in Nagpur University.
- Late Shri Saleh Bhai Abdul Ali Vali Gold Medal for securing highest number of marksin Pharmacology in Nagpur University. (1985)
- Shri Rai Bahadur Seth Narsingdas Daga Gold Medal for securing highest number of mark in Pathology andmicrobiology in Nagpur University.(1985)
- Shri L.R. Jaiswal Gold Medal for standing first Amongst the boy in final M.B.B.S. Exam Conducted by Nagpur University.(1986)
- Shri D.B. Jaiswal Gold Medal & Shri Bhai Vali Gold Medal for securing highest number of marks in pediatrics.(1986)
2. DR. NITIN TIWARI Member of Asia Pacific Society of lnterventional Cardiology Dr.Nitin Tiwari pursued medical education as a merit schlolar and was selected through national competition to LNJP & G.B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, where he did his MD and subsequently his DM (Cardiology) from the prestigious LTMMC & LTMG Hospital, Mumbai. He learnt his skills from stalwarts like Dr.K.G.Nair, Dr.Sushil Munsi, Dr.Bharat Dalvi, and others.
Dr.Nitin Tiwari has vast experience in interventional cardiology and is an expert in performing Transradial Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty, Primary Coronary Angioplasty, Cardiac Catheterization, Pacemaker implantation, Balloon Valvuloplasty, Renal Angioplasty, IVC filter implantation, Pediatric and adult 2D-Echocardiography & Color Doppler, Fetal echocardiography, Transesophageal echocardiography. He has attended many national and international workshops on Adult and Pediatric cardiac interventions.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION AND FELLOWSHIP :
- 1992-1997MBBS(Gold medallist) Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur.
- 1999-2002 MD (Medicine) Maulana Azad Medical College, LNJP and GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi.
- 2002- Diplomate of National Board of Medicine, New Delhi.
- 2002-2005 -DM (Cardiology) Diplomate of National Board of Medicine, New Delhi.
- 2006- DNB (Cardiology) Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore.
- 2006- Member of Asia Pacific Society of lnteventional Cardiology.
- 2007 -Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- 2007 -Fellow of International Academy of Medical Sciences DNB (Medicine)
- Late Dr. P.N. Dubey Gold medal for securing highest number of marks in Anatomy in Nagpur University (1994).
- Was awarded scholarship for meritorius student in 1*, 2nd and Final MBBS.
- Recipient of the following awards for 2″ place in merit list:
- Late Rambhai Somabhai Patel Award
- Late Digambardas Govardhandas Award
- Dr. Tiwari has many papers to his credit in various national and international journals.
1. DR. LAGHVENDU SHEKHAR Fellowship in Arthroplasty, RORF Fellow (Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, U.S.A) Dr. Laghvendu Shekhar graduated from Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur and did his MS in Orthopaedics from J.L.N. Medical College, Ajmer.
Dr. Shekhar has a keen interest in joint replacements. he obtained a one year intensive Fellowship in Total Joint Replacement Surgery under Dr. Vikram I. Shah at Ahmedabad. Later while visiting Dr. Ross Crawford at Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia, Dr. Shekhar gained exposure to variety of revision surgeries of hip and knee, especially cemented impaction bone grafting useful in revision surgeries.
He also gained exposure in arthroscopies ofthe hip. He has also completed three months fellowship at Hospital for Special Surgery in New York with world renowned surgeon Dr C.S Ranawat. During his stint in New york he was involved in a number of ongoing studies like revision in ceramic head fractures, use of multimodal pain management in THR (Total Hip Replacement)and TKR (Total Knee Replacement)etc.
He has also done the Depuy Hip resurfacing course with Dr Vijay Bose and has been exposed to more than 3000 joint replacement surgeries at various centres. He has hundreds of grateful patients to his credit till date. He has given numerous public information lectures for the benefit of general public as well as technical lectures for colleagues outlining ?ne points in hip and knee replacement surgeries in various seminars and workshops.
- Primary & Revision Total Knee Replacement
- Primary & Revision Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Unicondylar knee replacement
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION :
- MBBS Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur
- MS (Ortho) J. L. N. Medical College,Ajmer
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Dr. C S Ranawat Fellow (USA)
PAPER PUBLICATIONS :
- Study of Ender Nails Fixation in Pediatric Femoral shaft fractures in children between 6-14 year Published in Indian Journal of Orthopaedics in January 2006.
- Research paper on Multimodal Pain Management after THA and TKA which was accepted in Clinical Orthopaedics and related research.
|MINIMALLY INVASIVE SURGERY|
1. DR. ASHISH CHOUDHARI a name synonymous with excellence in performing advanced laparoscopic procedures like inguinal hernia repair. Hiatus hernia.laparoscopic Spleenectomy, Distal Pancreatectomy, Rectopexy LAVH, Burshs Colposuspension and Trauma Abdomen, and basic laparoscopic procedures like Laparoscopic Cholecystectorny & Appendectomy.
He has completed General Surgery from GMC, Nagpur and DNB Surgical Gastroenterology training from Lilavati Hospital and Research Center Mumbai.
He has worked as Senior Registrar (Dept. of Surgical Gastroenteroiogy) and Clinical Assistant and Clinical Associate (Dept. of Surgical Oncology) in hospitals like Lilavati Hospital and Research Center Mumbai, S. L. Raheja
Hospital. Asian institute of Oncology Mumbai. He was associated with various senior and renowned doctors and international Faculties during his work experience and has skillfully performed Gastroenteroiogy, Hepatopancreticobiliary surgery. Our this super specialist has special interest & experience in HPB, Gastrointestinal Oncosurgeries and Minimal Access Surgery. He taught General Surgery & Minimal Access Surgery to undergraduate and post graduate students as Asst. Professor in reputed medical college.
- Liver surgeries. Radiofrequency Ablation.
- Whipples surgery.
- Surgeries for benign and malignant pancreatic and gall bladder diseases.
- Specialized in low and ultra low anterior resection and abdominoperineal resection.
- Surgeries for Colorectal and Anal diseases.
- Stomach and Esophagus surgeries.
- Chemo Port Placement.
- Various G.l. emergency surgeries.
2. DR. PRASHANT VERMA has completed his surgical training from Gwalior, he worked as Senior Surgical Registrar at HRH & GTB Hospitals in Delhi for 2 years. He moved to Australia & joined esteemed Royal Melboume Hospital for 4 years where he underwent training in many surgical specialty, in particular Laparoscopic Surgeries & Endoscopies which involves Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy.
After returning from Australia Dr. Verma chose to widen his avenues by learning the minute and advanced laparoscopic skills from his mentor Prof. Dr. R. K. Mishra. This wasn't enough for him to satisfy his thrust for gaining more skills in endoscopy, as he underwent intensive ERCPtraining.
Dr. Verma is skilled in Minimal Access Surgery performing key hole surgeries for inguinal Hemia (TEP & TAPP), Hiatus Hernia, including GB, Appendix, Colonic Pathology and Gynecology.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries (key hole Surgeries)
- Advanced Endoscopic Procedures (ERCP, EUS, Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy)
- General Surgery
- Vascular Surgery AV Fistula formation, Endarterectomy, Thrombectomy,
- Angiogram, Fem-Pop Bypass and Varicose vein surgery.
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION :
- 1998 MBBS from GMC Jabalpur
- 2002 MS from GRMC, Gwalior
- 2002-2004 Sen Surg Registrar HRH & GTB Hospital
- 2005-2009 Laparoscopic, Endoscopy and surgical training Royal Melboume Hospital
- 2006 Management of Severe Trauma & Critically ill Surgical patients from (RACS) RoyaiAustraiian College of Surgeon & RMH .
- 2009 Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery from Laparoscopic Hospital, N.Delhi.
- 2009 MD, Fellowship in ERCP from World Gastroenterology Organization, Research Work
- Presented papers in comparative study of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy versus Mini Cholecystectomy"
- Study of H. Pylori in peptic ulcer perforation
- Re-operations in peptic ulcer perforation Wondering Spleen.
1. DR. SURYASHREE PANDEY after completing her post graduation in Internal Medicine from Government Medical College, Nagpur worked as lecturer in Nephrology at Superspeciality Hospital, Nagpur. She did DNB in Nephrology from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. Later she worked as Assistant Professor in Nephrology at Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore. She gained enormous experience in the field of Nephrology dialysis and transplantation including insertion of arteriovenous shunts and arteriovenous fistula creations for haemodialysis and has a special interest in clinical nephrology including renal failure complicating pregnancy
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- 1997 MBBS Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Wardha
- 2003 MD Medicine Government Medical College, Nagpur
- 2004 DNB Medicine National Board of Examinations, New Delhi
- 2008 DNB – Nephrology Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
1. DR. KETAN CHATURVEDI is a medical post graduate from esteemed University College of medicine & Calcutta National Medical College. He further joined the post doctoral degree program in Neurology of the West Bengal University of Health Sciences and Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (IPGMER), Kolkata.
Dr. Ketan Chaturvedi is a medical post graduate from esteemed University College of medicine & Calcutta National Medical College. He further joined the post doctoral degree program in Neurology of the West Bengal University of Health Sciences and Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (IPGMER), Kolkata.
- Movement Disorder
- Infection Diseases of nervous system
- Spinal Cord Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis and demyelinating diseases
- Muscle & neuromuscular junction diseases
PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION :
- MBBS 2001 Government Medical College, Nagpur
- MD (MED) 2006 UCM & Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
- DM (NEURO) 2009 Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata
PAPER PRESENTATION & PUBLICATIONS :
- Presented Paper, The clinical profile of pediatric epilepsy a study from eastern India in the Neurology Society of India
- Presented paper, The clinical profile of refractory epilepsy in the Indian academy of neurology conference at New Delhi.
- Published a case report Pyrexia of unknown origin with Neutropenia, Cervical Lymphadenopathy, Pneumonia and Marrow Hypoplasia in Journal of Associations of Physicians of India in the year 2006.
1. DR. SHAILESH KELKAR After completing his MCh from Bombay University Dr. Kelkar was exposed to many high end neuro surgeries at various International institutes of repute in Neurosciences. Dr. Kelkar has got vast experience in cranial work like Benign and malignant tumours. Pituitary tumour surgery transnasal, transsphenoidal, skull base approaches, Vascular – Aneurysmsl AVM's, Microvascular surgeries for Trigeminal Neuralgia, Congenital Anomalies.
Dr. Kelkar is exposed to high end spinal surgeries including Trans – Oral Surgery for Craniovertibral Junction Anomalies, Trans cervical approach for cervical spondylosis, lumbar surgeries with complex stabilization procedures, Trans and retro-cavitary approaches for dorsal spine, Spinal tumors and brachial plexus surgeries.
- Tumour Surgery Skull base approaches for pituitary & acoustic tumor surgery.
- Vascular Aneurysmsl AVMs, Micro Vascular Decompression for trigeminal neuralgia
- Spine surgery CV Junction (Trans-Oral), Cervical, Dorsal (Trans & Retro-Cavitary approaches), Lumbar Spine.
- MinimaIAccess Spinal surgeries.
- Spinal lnstrumentations.
- Epilepsy surgery, Brachial Plexus Surgeries
- Neurovascular Visiting Fellowship Barrow's Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, USA with Dr. Robert Spetzler in 2008.
- Skull base and Acoustic Tumour surgery under Prof. Madjid Sammi, International Neurosciences institute (INI), Hannover, Germany in 2003.
- Pituitary surgery fellowship under Dr. Michael powell, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queensquare, London U.K in 2000.
- Cranio Vertebral and spinal surgery fellowship under Prof Alan Crockard, the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queensquare, London U.K in 2000.
- Skull base and cavernous sinus surgery fellowship under Prof. Dr. Vinko Dolenc, University Hospital Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2000.
- Co-Author for chapter on Trauma to upper cervical spine and cranio-vertibral junction in text book of spinal surgery, August 1996.
- Poster presentation, Cervical Laminoplasty at XVlth European section cervical spine society, London UK in 2000.
2. DR. AJAY KURVE did his MCh from the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has immense experience in treating all types of Brain Tumors e.g. Meninglomas, Gliomas CP. angle Tumors, Midline posterior fossa Tumors, lntraventricular Tumor etc. During his tenure he has worked closely with some of the prominent Neurosurgeons like Prof.V.S.Mehta, Prof. A.K.Mahapatra and Prof. B.S. Sharma. Dept. of Neurosurgery, A.|.l.M.S., New Delhi. Dr Kurve is widely acclaimed for the dissertation entitled "Trail of intrathecal papaverine for vasospasm following intracranial aneurysm surgery" and "Study of initial cerebral angiography negative subarachnoid haemorrhage". (SAH) from the year 2002-2004 which he did under assistance from the mentors of Neurosurgery. He did his training in Neuroendoscopy at Hannover, Germany under the guidance of most respected Dr. Michael Gabb. Nordstadt Hospital.
- Dr. Ajay Kurve has got a vast experience in Neurosurgery as well as in some of the very critical spine surgeries.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION :
- 1995 M.B.B.$ Government Medical College, Nagpur
- 1999 M.S. (General Surgery) Indira Gandhi Medical college. Nagpur
- 2004 M.Ch (Neurosurgery)All India institute of Medical Services. New Delhi
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIP :
- Bagged J.B.Mody best paper award for the paper entitled "Fifteen year clinical experience of traumatic carotico cavernous fistula" presented in 12*" National Neurotrauma Conference in 2003 at Pune.
- Won the Best Poster award for the paper at 13″ Annual National Neurotrauma Conference. Ludhiana in 2004
- Bagged Sehgal's Best Neurosurgery paper award at 53″ Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India. Indore in 2004
- Participated in panel discussion on "Polytrauma" at a leading Hospital in Nagpur in 2005
- Neuroendoscopy training under Prof. Michel Gaab at Hannover, Germany
1. DR. MANOJ J PAHUKAR has pursued MBBS and post-graduation in MS Orthopedics from GMCH, Nagpur. Dr. Manoj Pahukar,did his DNB in Orthopedics accredited by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. He was a gold medalist and NTSE scholarship holder and also cleared MRCS ll inter-collegiate surgical examination, UK. He gained experience and expertise in advanced trauma management. While working as a lecturer in government medical college.
Dr. Pahukar stand good exposure working with Bhatiya Hospital, Mumbai and Hardikar Hospital, Pune, to satisfy his thrust for knowledge. He opted for prestigious DE-PUY sponsored Fellowship in Knee Surgery (FKS) in Ghent University Hospital, Belgium under the able guidance of Dr. Rene Verdonk. Who helped him in sharpening his skills on advanced techniques in knee arthroscopy, hip and knee arthroplasty and other reconstructive surgeries.
Dr. Pahukar has also got credit of securing SICOT Diploma in orthopedics. He also atteneded Rizzoli Orthopedic institute, Bologna, Italy for gaining experience in deformity correction and illiazarov techniques.Talented Dr. Manoj Pahukar, joined Wockhardt Super-speciality Hospital, Nagpur. He has performed more than 140 orthopedic surgeries in last one year. These include complex, dif?cult and complicated orthopedic procedures. He expertise in operating upon critically ill and multiply injured patients.
AREAS OF INTEREST :
- Pelvic acetabular injuries
- Knee and shoulder arthroscopic procedures
- Geriatric orthopedics and management of critically ill patients
- Management of Poly trauma or multiply injured patients
- Complex, open and complicated fractures and dislocations
- Neglected and failed trauma cases
- Deformity correction and limb lengthening surgeries
- Hip and knee joint replacement
- Fracture non-union and bone infection cases
- Metabolic bone diseases and osteoporosis treatment