Organ donation is a vital issue which requires an immediate attention, owing to which, State government has initiated a massive organ donation campaign to create awareness regarding organ donation amongst people. Now, the awareness about organ donation seems to be increasing, as a lot of people are coming forward to donate organs of their deceased family members. Wockhardt Hospital always promoting this Nobel cause among doctors & patients where they conduct seminars for awareness of organ donation.
Koroth Gopalan (78), a Vasai resident met with an accident, while he went for a morning walk. His hand got fractured and after accident, he lost control over his body. On September 12, he was admitted in Wockhardt Hospital, where after conducting the advanced medical tests, he was declared brain-dead by the doctors. On September 14, his family decided to donate his organs. While Goplan was alive he was keen to donate his body after his death as he is having organ Donor Card said by his daughter Sohini Koroth.
Donated : Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Nephrologists & Transplant surgeon and his Team from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road has conducted Kidney transplant process on 15th September on patient from Malad. Liver transplant surgeon Dr. Anurag Shrimal & his team conducted liver transplant process on patient from Khetwadi, Mumbai.
Source –Sakal, Loksatta, Maharastra Times.
- Ambulance driver saves South Bombay biker hurt due to pothole09 Oct, 2017
- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.09 Oct, 2017
- Senior citizen desk inaugurated at the Wockhardt Hospital, Nashik08 Sep, 2017
- Help desk at Mumbai airport to save foreign patients from touts05 Sep, 2017
- How Wockhardt Hospitals CIO built an automated cost analysis model17 Aug, 2017
- How healthcare organisations are using data analytics to improve clinical outcomes17 Aug, 2017
- Successful Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Saves a Baby’s Life28 Jun, 2017
- State of The Art Cardiology Services Saves Young Lady's Life28 Jun, 2017
- Life wins: A man shot down and heads back to work in 30 days12 Jun, 2017