Organ donation is a vital issue which requires an immediate attention, owing to which, State government has initiated a massive organ donation campaign to create awareness regarding organ donation amongst people. Now, the awareness about organ donation seems to be increasing, as a lot of people are coming forward to donate organs of their deceased family members. Wockhardt Hospital always promoting this Nobel cause among doctors & patients where they conduct seminars for awareness of organ donation.
Koroth Gopalan (78), a Vasai resident met with an accident, while he went for a morning walk. His hand got fractured and after accident, he lost control over his body. On September 12, he was admitted in Wockhardt Hospital, where after conducting the advanced medical tests, he was declared brain-dead by the doctors. On September 14, his family decided to donate his organs. While Goplan was alive he was keen to donate his body after his death as he is having organ Donor Card said by his daughter Sohini Koroth.
Donated : Dr. Rajesh Kumar, Nephrologists & Transplant surgeon and his Team from Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road has conducted Kidney transplant process on 15th September on patient from Malad. Liver transplant surgeon Dr. Anurag Shrimal & his team conducted liver transplant process on patient from Khetwadi, Mumbai.
Source –Sakal, Loksatta, Maharastra Times.
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017
- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.09 Oct, 2017