About Wockhardt Hospitals
Wockhardt Hospital's existence is the result of a 40-year tradition of caring and innovation nurtured by Wockhardt Ltd, India's 5th largest Pharmaceutical and Healthcare company with a presence in 20 countries across the globe.
Within a short period since its inception, Wockhardt Hospitals has become a leading health service provider with its strong presence in the western parts of the country i.e. Mumbai, Nagpur, Rajkot, Nasik, Goa and Surat. This group of 9 hospitals fulfills the need of the community in its chosen field of super specialty like Cardiology, Orthopedics, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Aesthetics and Minimal Access Surgery.
We follow process driven quality systems that adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, infection control and respect for patient rights & privacy. With state of the art multi-disciplinary capabilities and world-class infrastructure and technology, we enrich the quality of life of every patient in a caring and nurturing environment and greatest respect for human dignity and life.
Many of the Wockhardt group of hospitals has accreditation of the NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals & Healthcare), the highest and the most stringent quality standards institution in India and the National authority in healthcare accreditation. To meet these standards the hospital needs to have a quality driven approach right from the patient registration, admission, pre-surgery & post-surgery protocols, discharge from the hospitals to follow ups after discharge.
In pursuance of its vision to establish state-of-the-art medical facilities in India along with a high degree of clinical excellence, we have entered into strategic alliances with Partners Medical International, USA, whereby Wockhardt has access to Harvard's expertise and experience in the fields of surgery and other Medicare services.
Partners Medical International (a non- profit organization) serves as a catalyst in bringing together healthcare professionals from around the globe towards improving the delivery of healthcare through education and implementing its vision that every citizen of the world should have access to quality healthcare in their own country. Today, Harvard Medical International has selective collaborations with medical communities, Wockhardt hospitals being one of them.
Wockhardt group of hospitals in India is a preferred destination for patients from Europe, USA, Africa, Middle East and South Asia. Most of the doctors/surgeons have been trained or worked extensively at some of the best medical institutions in US, Europe and other advanced countries.
Mission and Vision
We at Wockhardt Hospitals believe that the core values of excellence, respect, teamwork, integrity and caring are essential for the wellbeing of our staff and our patients and this is evident in the vision and mission of our hospitals.
"Wockhardt Hospitals will strive with excellence to fulfill the needs of the community in its chosen field of medical treatment"
Because of our emphasis on high teamwork we bring together all the necessary disciplines and skills from the many resources of our organization to serve our patients better and attempt to set the Wockhardt Care in a league of its own.
"To serve and enrich the quality of life of patients suffering from diseases, through the efficient deployment of technology and human expertise, in a caring and nurturing environment with the greatest respect for human dignity and life."
Wockhardt Hospitals believe in setting the best practice standards in our services, continuously improving performance and exceeding the expectations of our patients as well as their families. We believe in building and maintaining long-term patient relationships, so as to become an essential resource for their well being. We believe in:
- Training and developing the best human resource as the key to deliver superior patient service.
- Consistently investing in technology and infrastructure to match international benchmarks.
- Leading the development of professional standards in Healthcare Management.
- Continuously educating the community about the prevention of cardiac disorders.
- Healthcare Leadership Awards won by Nasik in the category of Patient safety initiative on 14th February 2015
- AHPI Awards for Excellence in Healthcare won by Rajkot in the category of Nursing Excellence on 23rd February 2015
- NEHRDO, Quality Brands India Awards 2015- 2017 won by Nasik in the category of Quality initiatives on 25th September 2015
- Women Leadership in Healthcare Award – Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, MD, Wockhardt Hospitals
- Best HR Leadership Award – Dr. Rajani Tewari, Head, HR, Wockhardt Hospitals
- Award for Best Hospitality In Healthcare – Wockhardt Hospitals group
- Award for Best Hospital in Paediatric & Gynaecology – Wockhardt Hospitals, Mira Road
- Certificate of Merit in Best Marketing Campaign – Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai
- Mr. Prashant Shedge, Head, Marketing, featured among the Most Influential Marketing Leaders by the World Marketing Congress
- Awarded “Ethical Company in Healthcare Services” at India’s Most Ethical Companies Conference and Awards organised by World CSR Day
- Wockhardt Hospitals has won 9 prestigious HR Awards at World HRD Congress 2015 Seminar & Summit Mumbai on 4 different platforms.
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik has won the Award for the best Quality Initiative in Healthcare at the National Awards For Excellence In Healthcare, Mumbai-July 2015.
- Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur and Wockhardt Hospital, Rajkot have won awards for Excellence at the 5th CMO Asia Excellence for Health Care Awards held at Singapore. Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur has won in the category of Best patient safety initiative award for implementing measure to prevent Wrong Patient, Wrong Site, Wrong Surgery. And, Wockhardt Hospital Rajkot won in the category of Innovation of Quality Service Delivery award for implementing successfully our Mobile Medical Van concept.
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai
- Acquisition of Management and Operation of TUIMSAR (The Umrao Institute of Medical Science and Research), North Mumbai
- NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals Goa, becomes the first NABH accredited hospital in the state
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nashik, receives NABH accreditation
- N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals Rajkot, receives NABH accreditation
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director of Wockhardt Hospitals and daughter of Habil Khorakiwala (Founder Chairman & Group CEO, Wockhardt) wins Business Today award for most powerful women in Indian Business
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur rated as the best Multi-Specialty hospital in the region
- Commissioned NUSI Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Founder Chairman & Group CEO Habil Khorakiwala’s only daughter and the youngest of her three siblings, appointed as Executive Director and promoted as MD later for Wockhardt Hospitals.
- Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur, has become the first multispecialty hospital in central India to be accredited by NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Health Care Providers)
- Wockhardt Hospitals sold ten of the 17 hospitals it owns to Fortis Healthcare
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik
- Wockhardt Hospitals inked a memorandum of understanding with CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme), giving access to thousands of Central Government employees to cardiology services at the two facilities at King Koti and LB Nagar
- Super-specialty hospital in Mumbai became one of the first hospitals in South Asia to receive international accreditation from JCI
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Kalyan, Mumbai
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagpur
- Commissioned Adventist Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Surat
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore
- Commissioned Sterling Wockhardt Hospitals, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Chord road, Bangalore
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Centre, Hyderabad
- Commissioned N.M. Virani Wockhardt Hospitals, Rajkot
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals, Bannerghatta road, Bangalore
- Wockhardt Hospital Mumbai has been accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI), only the second health care provider in India to earn this distinction
- Commissioned Kamineni Wockhardt Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Nagpur
- Dr. Joseph Boyd Martin, Dean of Harvard Medical School, Harvard University USA formally inaugurated four new specialty hospitals at Mulund complex - Brain & Spine Hospital, Bone & Joint Hospital, an Eye Hospital and, a Minimal Access Surgery Hospital
- The Heart Hospital performed India's first endoscopic heart surgery
- Commissioned Wockhardt Heart Hospitals, Mulund, Mumbai
- Wockhardt Hospitals is associated with Partners Harvard Medical International, an international arm of Harvard Medical School, USA
- Wockhardt Hospitals Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of pharmaceutical major Wockhardt Ltd, has tied up with four international health insurance companies to offer medical cover to non-resident Indians
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Kidney Institute, Kolkata
- Commissioned Wockhardt Hospitals and Heart Institute, Bangalore
- Commissioned Wockhardt medical center, Kolkata
- Originally called First Hospitals and Heart Institute was established in Mumbai and were one of the early movers among corporate Healthcare chains in India