An unidentified person entered a Nalasopara-based restaurant-cum-bar and shot at a 26-year-old Dilip Verma in broad daylight on 7th May 2017. Varma was shot at from close range but the bullet missed his vital organs. Dilip Verma was brought to Wockhardt hospital, Mira Road in a critical condition. His right side of chest was completely filled with blood following the bullet injury. The bullet made a 3-mm wound in Verma’s chest, passed through his right lung and left a 1-cm exit wound. It grazed a major blood vessel, which could have killed Verma had it been damaged further.
Dr. Manish Garg Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon -Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road did an emergency VATS, a video guided key hole surgery rather than a conventional big incision. The damaged lung was successfully repaired and the bleeding controlled expedited. He was fortunate that the bullet has missed the major blood vessels of his heart by a whisker. Mr Verma was discharged after 5 days in a stable condition. and he resume duty exactly one month after ie..7th June 2017.
Big congratulations to Dr. Manish Garg, Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon & Team from Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018