An unidentified person entered a Nalasopara-based restaurant-cum-bar and shot at a 26-year-old Dilip Verma in broad daylight on 7th May 2017. Varma was shot at from close range but the bullet missed his vital organs. Dilip Verma was brought to Wockhardt hospital, Mira Road in a critical condition. His right side of chest was completely filled with blood following the bullet injury. The bullet made a 3-mm wound in Verma’s chest, passed through his right lung and left a 1-cm exit wound. It grazed a major blood vessel, which could have killed Verma had it been damaged further.
Dr. Manish Garg Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon -Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road did an emergency VATS, a video guided key hole surgery rather than a conventional big incision. The damaged lung was successfully repaired and the bleeding controlled expedited. He was fortunate that the bullet has missed the major blood vessels of his heart by a whisker. Mr Verma was discharged after 5 days in a stable condition. and he resume duty exactly one month after ie..7th June 2017.
Big congratulations to Dr. Manish Garg, Cardio Vascular & Thoracic Surgeon & Team from Wockhardt Hospital - Mira Road.
- At Wockhardt Sobo, a son becomes a dad’s hero.07 Jun, 2017
- Wockhardt Hospitals in Surat, an Ideal Place for Any Treatment02 May, 2017
- Paramedical professionals: The driving force of any healthcare institute24 Apr, 2017
- Organ Harvesting at Wockhardt Hospital Nashik Saves Four Lives17 Apr, 2017
- Comatose Girl's Organs Saved Two Lives at Wockhardt Hospital in Nagpur17 Apr, 2017
- Patients who lose the ability to speak after suffering a stroke may be able to regain their speech through song therapy29 Mar, 2017
- Valentine's Day Gift - Good Health!14 Feb, 2017
- India in 10 years: Healthcare sector will see radical consolidation04 Feb, 2017
- Saved from a tiny, hidden tumour in nick of time16 Jan, 2017