Good health is the necessity of living a healthy life for every one of us which needs to maintain a healthy diet and healthy habits throughout the life. However, the custom of eating junk food in many is increasing day by day and is going to be a health hazard especially for our future generations.
Today, more than 95% of all chronic diseases are caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise. This is perfectly true for most of the population across the world and it is also true especially for almost all school going children
People of all age groups like to eat junk food and they generally chose to eat whenever they enjoy special time with family like birthday party, marriage anniversary, etc. They easily become used to of taking soft drinks, wafers, chips, noodles, burgers, pizza, French fries, Chinese dishes, and other varieties of fast food available in the market.
Parents should be very conscious towards the eating habits of their kids and children because in the childhood they never know and decide their good or bad so it is parents who are fully responsible for the good or bad eating habits among their kids. They should train their kids about eating habits from childhood and make them clear about the differences between healthy and junk foods.
Some health hazards because of junk food include:
- Eating junk food daily lead us to the nutritional deficiencies in the body because it is lack of essential nutrients, vitamins, iron, minerals and dietary fibres.
- It increases risk of cardiovascular diseases because it is rich in saturated fat, sodium and bad cholesterol.
- It can cause early ageing, high blood pressure and heart attack,
- Metabolic disease like diabetes is definitely common
- Prone to digestive disease of liver disorders, stomach problems, constipation, diarrhoea and acidity is observed
- Prostate and breast cancer, bone disorders and osteoporosis are some other affects
- Kidney disorders can also develop like stones and infections
- Mental and Psychological issue can arise
- It causes a spike in body energy level and creates sleeping disorders.
- It reduces level of concentration and calls to chronic diseases such as obesity, hormonal imbalances
- Makes a person to gain excessive weight moving to obesity
- Artificial colours used are linked to allergic reactions, fatigue, asthma, skin rashes, and headaches.
Avoid eating junk food and go for balanced diet with all essential nutrients fibres and essentials to avoid health diseases and lead a better quality of life.
For more information on healthy diet contact Wockhardt hospital.