Dr. Dipanjan Haldar
M.B.B.S. (JIPMER), M. D., D.M. Clinical Hematology (Gold medalist, West Bengal university of Health Sciences)
Consultant : Hematology, Hemat-Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant
Dr. Dipanjan Haldar has had a rich career in hematology and clinical research and has published a huge number of articles in both national and international publications. After completion of his DM in clinical hematology, he has received bone marrow transplant experience in the best institutes of USA and Canada. He was international Post-doctoral Fellow of the American Society of Hematology as well.His areas of expertise range from blood cancers, bleeding disorders, anemias to transfusion and stem cell transplant.
Research and Publications (International):
- Bhatia P., Haldar D., Varma N., Marwaha R., Varma S.: A case series highlighting the relative frequencies of the common, uncommon and atypical/unusual hematological findings on bone marrow examination in cases of visceral leishmaniasis. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2011.
- Banik T., Haldar D., Gupta N., Dey P.: Malignant mixed Müllerian tumor of the uterus: Diagnosis of a case by fine-needle aspiration cytology and review of literature. Diagn Cytopathol. 2011
- Nath U.K., Haldar D., Bhattacharyya M.: Hemophagocytic syndrome in HIV-infected patients: a prospective clinicopathological tertiary care centre study from India. J Bone Marrow Res 2014, 2:153
- Dipanjan Haldar, Prantar Chakrabarti, Subhankar Chowdhury, Pradip Mukhopadhaya and Rana Bhattacharjee. Evaluation of Endocrine Functions in Hb Eβ Thalassemia Patients with Special Reference to Assessment of Growth and Puberty Blood 2017 130:3509
Chapters in Books
- Dipanjan Haldar, Kishore Kumar S. and Prantar Chakrabarti: Neurological Manifestations of Thalassemias and Hemoglobinopathies. Reviews in Neurology 2013 (Elsevier pub.)
- Prantar Chakrabarti, Meet Kumar and DipanjanHaldar: Thalassaemia Intermedia : When should we splenectomise ? Haematology Today 2015
National and International papers
- Haldar D., Bhatia P., Varma N., Marwaha R., Varma S.: A case series highlighting the relative frequencies of the common, uncommon and atypical/unusual hematological findings on bone marrow examination in cases of visceral leishmaniasis. Haematocon 2011.
- Haldar D., Dutta S., Roy S.S., Samanta S., Nath U.K., Chakrabarti P.: Autoimmune hemolytic anemia in patients with Thalassemia Major. Haematocon 2013.
- Haldar D., Nath U.K., Chakrabarti P., Roy S.S., Samanta S.: Progressive Multiple Myeloma in the era of ‘Novel Agents’: Have we progressed yet? An experience in a tertiary care institute from India. 1st World Congress on controversies in Multiple Myeloma Bangkok, Thailand 2014.
- Haldar D., Bhaumik P., Nath U.K., Chakrabarti P., Roy S.S., Samanta S.: et al. Hemophagocytic syndrome in HIV-Infected patients: A prospective tertiary care centre study from India. Histiocyte Society 2014.
- Haldar D., Nath U.K., Chakrabarti P., Roy S.S., Samanta S., Bhattacharyya M.: Individual donor nucleic acid testing for transfusion safety in Thalassemia in a tertiary care hospital from Eastern India. Haematocon 2014.
- Bhattacharyya D., Haldar D., Nath U.K., Bhattacharyya M.: Rare association of osteogenesis Imperfecta with Haematological diseases. Haematocon 2014.
- Dipanjan Haldar, Prantar Chakrabarti, Subhankar Chowdhury, Pradip Mukhopadhaya and Rana Bhattacharjee. Evaluation of Endocrine Functions in Hb Eβ Thalassemia Patients with Special Reference to Assessment of Growth and Puberty. American Society of Hematology 2017
- M. B. B. S. - JIPMER, Pondicherry - 2003 - 2008
- M.D. Pathology - Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh - 2009-2012
- D.M. Clinical Hematology - West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata - 2012-2015
- Visiting physician in Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Seattle, Washington, USA September to October 2016
- Leukemia and Bone Marrow Transplant Fellowship at Leukemia/Bone Marrow Transplant Program of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada – March 2017-February 2018
- Benign Hematology disorders (Anemia, Sickle cell disorder, Thalassemia, Bleeding disorders, Thrombosis, Hemophagocytosis)
- Blood Cancers (Leukemias, lymphomas and myeloma)
- Bone Marrow transplant
- Clinical Research