Dr Prashant Makhija
M.B.B.S.,M.D.(Medicine),DM(Neurology),PDF Epilepsy & Sleep Medicine
Dr. Prashant Makhija is a dedicated and committed professional in the field of Neurology. He completed his DM in Neurology from the prestigious institute-G.B. Pant Hospital, Delhi and after gaining experience for few years went on to pursue fellowship in Epilepsy and Sleep Medicine from Amrita Advanced Centre for Epilepsy,Kochi.
He has qualitative experience in the field of Neurology including its various sub-specialties - Epilepsy, Sleep Medicine, Stroke, Headache, Movement disorder, Neuromuscular and Neurobehaviour from various reputed hospitals like R.M.L. Hospital, Delhi, IHBAS, Delhi, U.C.M.S & G.T.B. Hospital, Delhi and Seven Hills Hospital , Mumbai.
He also has many publications to his credit in national and international journals and has authored book chapters in Neurology textbooks. He was awarded with “Young investigator award" at the 10th World Stroke Congress and is also a recipient of Budur Krishna Murthy Silver Jubliee Conference Award and NIMHANS Internship award at the Goasleep 2017.
- M.B.B.S - G. R. Medical College, Gwalior.
- M.D. In Internal Medicine - S.S. Medical College, Rewa.
- D.M. in Neurology - G. B. Pant Hospital & attached Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi.
- PDF Epilepsy & Sleep Medicine - Amrita Advanced Centre for Epilepsy, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
Research and Publications:
- Senior Resident in Dept. Of Neurology - Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi.
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Neurology - Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital & University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi.
- Senior Resident in Dept. of Medicine - Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, Delhi.
- Consultant Neurologist at Seven Hills Hospital, Mumbai
- D.M .THESIS - Study of occurrence and pattern of Polyvascular atherosclerotic disease and its associations with risk factors and outcome in patients of Ischemic stroke
- M.D. THESIS – The study of Electrocardiographic changes in patients on Psychotropic drugs with special reference to QTc interval
- Sasidharan A, Makhija P, Sharma S, Radhakrishnan K (2018). High Frequency Oscillations in Scalp - recorded EEG. In Radhakrishnan K, Murthy JMK, Rathore C(Eds). EEG in Clinical Practice (pg. 431 - 38). Manipal: Manipal Universal Press.
- Makhija P, Gopinath S, Kannoth S, Radhakrishnan K. A case of post - leptospirosis autoimmune epilepsy presenting with sleep - related hypermotor seizures. Epileptic Disord. 2017 Nov 21. doi: 10.1684/epd.2017.0941. [Epub ahead of print]
- Raut TP, Baheti G, Hinduja A, Makhija P, Ansari K, et al. (2017) Sudden Onset Altered Sensorium: Artery of Percheron Infarct. J Neurol Neurosci. Vol. 8 No. 4:212.
- V Puri, N Chaudhry, P Makhija (2016). Clinical Approach to a Patient with Peripheral Neuropathy. In S Prabhakar, G Singh(Eds).Differential Diagnosis in Neurology (pg. 361 - 70). New Delhi, Delhi:Jaypee Brothers.
- Chaudhary N, Duggal AK, Makhija P, Puri V, Khwaja GA. Statin - induced bilateral foot drop in a case of Hypothyroidism. Ann Indian Acad Neurol [EPUB AHEAD OF PRINT].
- Choudhary N, Makhija P, Puri V, Khwaja GA, Duggal A. An Unusual Case of Myelitis with Myositis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research : JCDR
. 2016; 10(5):OD19 - OD20. doi:10.7860/JCDR/2016/13095.7777.
- Cranial Nerve Examination (E - Module for Elsevier) Dr. (Prof). Man Mohan Mehndiratta, M.D, D.M, DIP. NBE, FRCP, MNAMS, FICP, FIAN, Professor & HOD of Neurology, Director - Janak Puri Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi and Dr. Prashant Makhija, M.D, D.M. (Neurology)
- Makhija P, Thakur S, Theengh D, Yadav P, Arya V, Agarwal A. Approach to a patient with a Continuous Cardiac Murmur. JIACM 2011; 12(3):216 -20
- YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD, 10th WORLD STROKE CONGRESS 2016, HYDERABAD
- BUDUR KRISHNA MURTHY SILVER JUBLIEE CONFERENCE AWARD, 2017
(Indian Society for Sleep Research, The International Conference on Sleep Medicine & Research- Goasleep 2017)
- NIMHANS INTERNSHIP AWARD, 2017 (Indian Society for Sleep Research, The International Conference on Sleep Medicine & Research- Goasleep 2017)
- SECOND POSITION AT ZONAL LEVEL TYSA NEUROLOGY QUIZ 2013