Dr. Rajeev Joshi
MS, M.Ch. (Urology)
Surgical skill knowledge:
- Attended the instructional course on Lap. Cholecystectomy at the Johnson & Johnson Institute.
- Visited the Ethicon Institute for hands on experience in tissue handling : porcine nephrectomy, pyeloplasty and adrenalectomy
- Visited the Roswell Park Hospital in Buffalo, USA to do a ‘Hands on Surgical Training’ as part of the Robot-Assisted Surgery Training Course under the guidance of Dr Khurshid Guru.
- Was an observer at the University Hospital Eppendorf in Hamburg, Germany where he gained hands on training in radical prostatectomy and PCNL.
- His 6 weeks stint as an observer at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, in the department of Minimally Invasive Surgery gave him an opportunity to gain insight on radical nephrectomy, radical partial nephrectomy, radical prostatectomy and adrenalectomy.
- Consultant urologist at Shushrusha Citizen’s Co-op. Hospital, S. L. Raheja Hospital, Hinduja Healthcare Surgical.
- Consultant urologist at Colony Nursing Home, an active centre for lithotripsy where he gets continual references from Govt./Municipal Hospitals for stone treatment. His knowledge in treatment of stones by most minimally invasive to most invasive --- pyelolithotomies of various kinds is commendable.
- Appointed at Bombay Hospital as an Assistant Honorary to Dr. A.G.Phadke where he is responsible for overlooking both clinical and academic activities.
- He offers guidance to the trainee residents in clinical decision making alongside assisting and guide in the operative sessions. He is actively involved in coaching the post graduate students in academic activities for examination preparation and paper presentations.
- He is a part of the organizing committee for operative workshops and is the operating theatre manager in these workshops.
- Worked as a fellow in the R.G. Stone Clinic, Khar, Mumbai and gained first-hand knowledge on the working of the Siemens Lithostar lithotripter and on performing complex procedures like PNCL and Ureteroscopy.
- Worked as a Senior Clinical Assistant in the Dr. A.G. Phadke Unit at Bombay Hospital gaining experience in open surgeries in the field of uro- oncology and reconstructive urology.
- Closely associated with Dr. Prashant Pattnaik, a trained Robotic Surgeon, in complex renal surgeries since 1997.
- Full Life Member of Urological Society of India from 1996.
- Full Life Member of Urological Society of India- West Zone since 1996.
- Full Member of Mumbai Urological Society since 1996.
- Council Member of Mumbai Urological Society from 2004 to 2008.
- Treasurer of Mumbai Urological Society from 2009 to 2013.
- Secretary of Mumbai Urological Society from 2013 to date.
- Council Member of Urological Society – West Zone from 2012 to 2014.
Research & Publications
- Awarded the first prize in the Dr. G.M.Phadke Memorial Competitive Examination in Gen. Surgery in 1986.
- He has been a faculty member at the World Congress of Endourology 2004 held at Mumbai.
Dr Joshi has presented papers on interesting topics like:
- Study of adrenal gland masses at the West zone chapter of USICON in 1995 at Goa.
- Unusual presentations of neurogenic bladder at the Urology meet in 1996 at Mumbai.
- He contributes regularly with articles featuring in the specialty issues of the Bombay Hospital Journal on topics like Ureteroscopy and Evaluation of donor for kidney transplant.
- He has also contributed a chapter on “Disorders of the urinary tract” in “Health for All” published by JayPee Publishers in 1999.
- He has attended many national and international conferences.
• Completed his M.B.B.S. from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai
• Master of Surgery from Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, Mumbai
• Worked as a clinical and trauma registrar with a specialised focus on general surgery and presented his dissertation on acute pancreatitis.
• M.Ch. (Urology) from Sir J.J. group of Hospitals, Mumbai with a special interest in endourology. His dissertation topic was on Percutaneous Lithotripsy (P.C.N.L.) for complex renal calculi.
• Stone disease (ESWL, PCNL)
• Kidney transplant
• Prostate disease
• Treatment of stricture disease of the urethra