Dr. Vikash Jain
M.B.B.S., M.D. (Radio-diagnosis), DNB (Radio-diagnosis), D.M. (Neuro-radiology & Intervention), PGIMER Chandigarh.
Consultant: Interventional Radilogist
Dr. Vikash Jain has done his M.B.B.S. and M.D. (Radio-diagnosis) from M.P. Shah medical college, Jamnagar. Further he did DNB (Radio-diagnosis) and D.M. (Neuro-radiology & Intervention) from the prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh. Dr. Vikash Jain is well versed with current Interventional Radiology and state of art Diagnostic Neuroradiology techniques. To his credit are more than 200 complex procedures & 1000 other procedures.
Research & Publications:
- Specialist in the division of Neuroradiology at Hamad general hospital, Doha, State of Qatar.
- Senior resident in the division of Neuroradiology at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Senior resident in Body imaging at PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Endovascular treatment of a mycotic intracavernous carotid artery aneurysm by a stent graft. Interventional Neuroradiology 2013.
- The ‘Dot in Circle’ sign on MRI in Maduramycosis. A characteristic finding - J Clin Imag Sci. 2012.
- Rhinocerebral Mucormycosis: Report of two cases and review of literature. Accepted in JIMA 2013.
- Grading of Gliomas using Perfusion MRI imaging and FDG PET and its correlation with histology. Accepted by PGIMER.
- He is well versed with Interventional Radiology techniques which includes both vascular and non-vascular procedures. He is well acquainted with Cerebral aneurysm coiling, AVM embolization, Stroke intervention, Carotid & Peripheral stenting, Uterine arterial embolization for PPH, Fibroid and AVMs, Bronchial artery embolization, Pre-operative or palliative tumour embolization, Embolization for GI and renal bleeds, Renal stenting, Trans arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinomas, Trans jugular liver biopsy.
- He also performs Percutaneous Nephrostomy (PCN), Percutaneous Trans hepatic Biliary Drainage (PTBD), biliary stenting and Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC).
- He has special interest in Diagnostic Neuro and Head & Neck radiology which includes multi sequential brain MRI comprising of diffusion, perfusion, spectroscopy, DTI, angio and venography and HRCT temporal bone. He has the acumen, knowledge and experience to arrive to a diagnosis in complex cases.
• 2013 DM (Neuro-radiology & Intervention) PGIMER, Chandigarh.
• 2009 DNB (Radio-diagnosis)
• 2009 MD (Radio-diagnosis) M.P. Shah medical college, Jamnagar.
• 2004 M.B.B.S M.P. Shah medical college, Jamnagar.
• Interventional Radiology
• Diagnostic Neuroradiology
• Head & Neck radiology