Safe Medication Mangement & Use
GCC Club, Mira Road, Mumbai
Wockhardt Hospital’s in association with Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA)-Hospital Division will be conducting a one day conclave for Clinical Pharmacist and Community Pharmacist on 5th January, 2018 on the topic “Safe Medication Management & Use” for Hospital & Community Pharmacist. The implementation of Pharmaceutical Care, while recognising the responsibility of the patient as end user of a medicine, requires the pharmacist to use a range of processes to facilitate the responsible provision of medicinal treatment until tangible results are achieved, improving the patient’s quality of life. The conclave aims to educate the pharmacist the opportunities in the evolving role of healthcare delivery & to make the medication management system safe.
About the Conference:
Quality and safety of patient are pivotal aim of the hospital. The role of the pharmacist is developing rapidly to meet the needs of modern health care systems, ensuring accurate dispensing of prescribed medicines against prescriptions and providing sound advice on responsible self-medication remain vitally important parts of the service provided by pharmacists.
Pharmacists can play vital role in healthcare sector for adapting to the evolving system by collaborating with other healthcare providers. This conclave will focus on the topic like selection and procurement, formulary preparation, use of the medication in the hospital, reporting of the adverse events in the hospital.
For further details, download the brochure.
- Top 5 things for community pharmacy to focus on
- Quality and accreditation in pharmacy
- appropriate review of the Prescription.
- Preparation of drugs formulary & challenges in implementation in the hospital
- Wvolving role of pharmacist: counselling to care of the patient
- Pharmacovigilance programme of india: Important of Pharmacist in reporting of adverse Drug reaction
- Role of pharmacist in ensuring effective supply chain management
- Panel discussion on Generic vs Brand.
Speakers - 2018
Poona College of Pharmacy
Food & Drugs Administration, Maharashtra State
Only abstract related to “Safe Medication Management” will be accepted for poster presentation.
Call for Abstract:
- Abstract text should not be more than 300 words
- Abstract submission last date: 20th December,2017
- Abstract acceptance notification: 22nd December,2017
- Abstract to be send through mail only
- Abstract should contain Title, Name(s) of Authors, Affiliation(s) of Authors, Email address of Presenting Author and text body of abstract
- Participants are invited to present original research work.
- Presenting authors must be registered for the conference. Only Registered delegates will be allowed to present.
- The title of the poster must be in CAPITAL LETTERS with the exception of scientific names, which should be in upper and lower case forms and italicized.
- The presenting author's name must be underlined. The presenting author's name, institution, address, telephone/mobile nos. and email ID must be provided.
- Number of authors is restricted to 4 authors per presentation.
- Space for poster presentation would be provided by the organiser. All participants are requested to bring their own material to fix the poster.
- Limit the text to about one fourth of poster space
- Use visuals (graphs, photographs, schematics, maps etc.)
- The poster generally should be read from left to right and top to bottom
- Text should be readable from five feet away.
- Self-explanatory visuals with brief title s (eg. fig 1- location of study area)
- Please use following template with the headings for poster:
- Best Poster will be selected for award.
- Awardees will be notified during the valedictory function.
For more details:
Phone No: (+91) 9970032897