International Yoga Day is used to create awareness about the facts and effects of Yoga on the health of the people. Yoga in India is considered to be around 5,000 years old mental, physical and spiritual practice.
Yoga which is an ancient practice brings about Calmness, Confidence and Courage making you lead a better life for a better lifestyle and healthy life.
Wockhardt hospital supports these benefits of yoga. The benefits are both Physical as well as Mental Body.
General Benefits of Yoga Include:
- Increased flexibility in the body.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Assists in Weight reduction.
- Maintains a Cardio and circulatory health.
- Protection from injury and builds immunity
- Peaceful mind and destresses.
Generally yoga consists of asanas. Asana can be defined as a physical Yoga posture or position that is designed to help master the body and enhance the body’s functions. Asana can be classified into the following categories:
- Meditative “asanas” that bring peace of mind
- Health-based asanas that are aimed to activate the digestive system, pancreas and endocrine glands
- Relaxation “asana” that help to fight fatigue and stress.
The asanas are conducted in different positions. These include the supine position, prone position, sitting position and standing position.
Each asana produces its own effect on the body. Besides this various breathing techniques are also part of the yoga routine.
As part of this celebration on this day, we at Wockhardt Hospital would like you to post a picture of your favourite yoga asana (position) and share with us the benefits of the same. The best picture will win a prize.
Log on to a Facebook page for more details.
Make yoga a part of your life and enjoy the benefits …So this
International Yoga Day Stay healthy in your mind body and soul.