Arthroscopy (also called arthroscopic or keyhole surgery) is a minimally invasive surgical procedure on a joint in which an examination and sometimes treatment of damage is performed using an arthroscope, an endoscope that is inserted into the joint through a small incision.
Common problems in the knee joint that can be treated by arthroscopic surgery
- Removal of loose bodies
- Meniscus injuries can be treated by either repair or menisectomy
- Reconstruction of Ligament (ACL/PCL) injuries
- Treatment of early osteoarthritis and cartilage injuries using Radiofrequency probes, cartilage transplant and microfracture techniques.
- Lateral Release to improve pain from knee cap
- Irrigation of Joint infection.
- Treatment of fractures involving knee joint.
Common problems of the shoulder joint that can be treated by arthroscopic surgery
- Treatment of stiff and frozen shoulder
- Painful arc syndrome ( Impingement syndrome, Calcific tendinitis)
- Surgery for Recurrent dislocation of shoulder
- Repair of Muscle(Rotator cuff) tears.
- Treatment of sports injuries like tendinitis, SLAP lesions etc.