Medical Gastroenterology deals with various medical problems in gastroenterology in the outpatient, inpatient including emergency services setting. The doctors have expertise in the management of the full spectrum of gastrointestinal, liver and pancreatico-biliary diseases. This includes, but is not limited to, disorders like chronic diarrhoea, constipation, peptic ulcer, acute liver failure, portal hypertension, bilio-pancreatic disorders and malignancies.
We specialize in the following:
- Diagnostic Upper GI endoscopy
- Therapeutic upper G I endoscopy procedures for biopsy, variceal band ligation ,liver cirrhosis treatment bleeding peptic ulcer therapy, peptic stricture and achalasia and dilatation, foreign body removal, PEG tube insertion, Argon Plasma Coagulation(APC)
- Diagnostic sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy
- Therapeutic sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy procedures like polyp removal, biopsy.
The Department of Surgical Gastroenterology provides comprehensive care for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon), gall bladder, pancreas and liver. The department emphasizes a team approach, enlisting the co-operation of other departments in providing a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
We specialize in following surgeries:
- Appendicitis Treatment and surgery,
- Bariatric Gastric Banding Surgery,
- Bariatric Surgery, Colonoscopy, Gall Bladder Surgery,
- Laparoscopic Surgery,
- Diagnosis and management of gastric, hepatic, pancreatic and intestinal diseases and malignancies