A 12 month old baby of Goan origin, residing in Dubai underwent an endoscopic procedure to a 1.5cms stone in the urinary bladder recently.
The baby suffered from a history of urinary retention and recurrent infection. The parents of the baby consulted at a hospital in Dubai where the doctor diagnosed the baby and confirmed to the stone in the urinary bladder. The parents were advised to admit the baby for open surgery.
The parents of the baby decided to come down to Goa to do this surgery at NUSI Wockhardt Hospital. The baby was admitted under the care of Dr. Madhav D.Sanzgiri (MBBS, MS, MCH, DNB, FRCS) and underwent a detailed metabolic evaluation.
The stone was cleared in the endoscopic procedure and the baby was put on appropriate medical therapy for prevention of stone recurrence.
Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa is Goa’s first & only NABH accredited super specialty hospital offering comprehensive, end to end care in cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Other key specialties include Minimal Access surgery, Internal medicine, Nephrology, Urology, Critical care, Cosmetology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical and Surgical Oncology along with Emergency & Trauma Services.
Wockhardt Institute of Aesthetics, a part of Wockhardt hospitals, started in May 2011 at Goa, was conceptualized keeping in perspective the growing demand of aesthetic & reconstructive procedures among men & women alike both from within the country as well as the world.
For further details, please contact: 0832-6684444
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018
- Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons04 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon04 Jul, 2018
- Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially04 Jul, 2018
- Do you have a 'Numb Thumb'?04 Jul, 2018
- Push ‘Code White’ for seizures and strokes03 Jul, 2018