A 12 month old baby of Goan origin, residing in Dubai underwent an endoscopic procedure to a 1.5cms stone in the urinary bladder recently.
The baby suffered from a history of urinary retention and recurrent infection. The parents of the baby consulted at a hospital in Dubai where the doctor diagnosed the baby and confirmed to the stone in the urinary bladder. The parents were advised to admit the baby for open surgery.
The parents of the baby decided to come down to Goa to do this surgery at NUSI Wockhardt Hospital. The baby was admitted under the care of Dr. Madhav D.Sanzgiri (MBBS, MS, MCH, DNB, FRCS) and underwent a detailed metabolic evaluation.
The stone was cleared in the endoscopic procedure and the baby was put on appropriate medical therapy for prevention of stone recurrence.
Wockhardt Hospitals, Goa is Goa’s first & only NABH accredited super specialty hospital offering comprehensive, end to end care in cardiology, cardiac surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Other key specialties include Minimal Access surgery, Internal medicine, Nephrology, Urology, Critical care, Cosmetology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Medical and Surgical Oncology along with Emergency & Trauma Services.
Wockhardt Institute of Aesthetics, a part of Wockhardt hospitals, started in May 2011 at Goa, was conceptualized keeping in perspective the growing demand of aesthetic & reconstructive procedures among men & women alike both from within the country as well as the world.
For further details, please contact: 0832-6684444
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017
- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.09 Oct, 2017
- Ambulance driver saves South Bombay biker hurt due to pothole09 Oct, 2017
- 78-year-old brain-dead man gives a new life to two17 Sep, 2017
- Senior citizen desk inaugurated at the Wockhardt Hospital, Nashik08 Sep, 2017
- Help desk at Mumbai airport to save foreign patients from touts05 Sep, 2017