Farhan Akhtar, the most versatile and dynamic actor of Bollywood met a patient in Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi who was suffering from a rare disease of AIDP. Vinod Verma (name changed) Age 32 is bedridden since August 2014 suffering of Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP) diseases. In this particular diseases “nerves” systems are unable to transmit information to brain & spinal cord & patient faces communication difficulties.
Dr. Mehul Kalawadia, Centre Head, Sterling Wockhardt Hospital, Vashi said, “The patient has been here for the last three months. At the beginning he was on ventilator in the ICU, later on he started recovering and after a month he was removed from ventilator support and shifted to normal ward, but his body did not respond well. During his physiotherapy session he had mentioned about he is big fan of Farhan Akthar & very much inspired by his movie Bhag Milkha Bhag "
Dr. Mehul Kalwadia added, During Farhan shooting schedule in Vashi, Navi Mumbai Sterling Wockhardt Hospital approached him to meet the patient as it would help him recover faster and fulfill his dream of meeting his favorite actor. Farhan Akthar is the most humble personality I have ever met, as soon as we told him about our patient he was ready to meet him without any hesitation. When Farhan met him, the patient was really amazed and happy and even greeted the star by shaking hands. It really made his day and brought a smile to his face.
- Wockhardt starts e-consultation amidst lockdown31 Mar, 2020
- 83-Year-Old Woman Suffering From Heart Attack Successfully Treated With TAVR Procedure27 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Doctors Remove 1.5 Inch Bottle Cap Stuck In An Infant's Throat19 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019