Wockhardt Hospitals here today organised kite flying event for 300 slum children to raise awareness and funds for pediatric heart diseases and to join forces in the fight against Congenital Heart Disorders (CHD) on the eve of Children's day tomorrow.
Speaking at the function Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director,Wockhardt Hospitals said, "excellent medical care worth for treating CHD comes to about Rs 3 lakh can save a diseased heart. A financial support of Rs 50,000 can make a huge difference to the life of the suffering child and his/her family."
Further explaining the cause she said, "when you support one child, you save two lives, because for every one child supported by you, we solemnly pledge to support another child at the Wockhardt Heart Institute."
Dr Suresh Joshi, Director-Paediatric and Congenital Heart Centre,Wockhardt Heart Institute, said, "CHDs are the most common types of birth defects. The incidence of CHD worldwide is around 10-12/1000 live births. In India, around 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 children are born with heart defects each year in India. Of these, only around 10,000 children are operated in 13 major centres in India."
He further added, "there is a need for more dedicated centres for treating CHDs in our country."
Thursday, November 27, 2014. Source: webindia123.com
The coverage also appeared in:
- Sterling Wockhardt Hospitals launches advance Urology care facility in Vashi19 Jun, 2018
- Fourth organ retrieval witnessed at AVBRH, Sawangi (Meghe)19 Jun, 2018
- Golden knee replacement is a boon for those with a metal allergy.18 Jun, 2018
- Rotablation picking up among Nagpur cardiologists14 Jun, 2018
- Read what Dr. Ajay Kurve Consultant- Neurosurgery from Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur has to speak on Brain tumor11 Jun, 2018
- First Transplant done at Wockhardt Hospital08 Jun, 2018
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018