Wockhardt Hospitals here today organised kite flying event for 300 slum children to raise awareness and funds for pediatric heart diseases and to join forces in the fight against Congenital Heart Disorders (CHD) on the eve of Children's day tomorrow.
Speaking at the function Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director,Wockhardt Hospitals said, "excellent medical care worth for treating CHD comes to about Rs 3 lakh can save a diseased heart. A financial support of Rs 50,000 can make a huge difference to the life of the suffering child and his/her family."
Further explaining the cause she said, "when you support one child, you save two lives, because for every one child supported by you, we solemnly pledge to support another child at the Wockhardt Heart Institute."
Dr Suresh Joshi, Director-Paediatric and Congenital Heart Centre,Wockhardt Heart Institute, said, "CHDs are the most common types of birth defects. The incidence of CHD worldwide is around 10-12/1000 live births. In India, around 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 children are born with heart defects each year in India. Of these, only around 10,000 children are operated in 13 major centres in India."
He further added, "there is a need for more dedicated centres for treating CHDs in our country."
Thursday, November 27, 2014. Source: webindia123.com
The coverage also appeared in:
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor28 Nov, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017
- Ambulance driver saves South Bombay biker hurt due to pothole09 Oct, 2017
- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.09 Oct, 2017
- 78-year-old brain-dead man gives a new life to two17 Sep, 2017
- Senior citizen desk inaugurated at the Wockhardt Hospital, Nashik08 Sep, 2017
- Help desk at Mumbai airport to save foreign patients from touts05 Sep, 2017