Wockhardt Hospitals here today organised kite flying event for 300 slum children to raise awareness and funds for pediatric heart diseases and to join forces in the fight against Congenital Heart Disorders (CHD) on the eve of Children's day tomorrow.
Speaking at the function Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director,Wockhardt Hospitals said, "excellent medical care worth for treating CHD comes to about Rs 3 lakh can save a diseased heart. A financial support of Rs 50,000 can make a huge difference to the life of the suffering child and his/her family."
Further explaining the cause she said, "when you support one child, you save two lives, because for every one child supported by you, we solemnly pledge to support another child at the Wockhardt Heart Institute."
Dr Suresh Joshi, Director-Paediatric and Congenital Heart Centre,Wockhardt Heart Institute, said, "CHDs are the most common types of birth defects. The incidence of CHD worldwide is around 10-12/1000 live births. In India, around 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 children are born with heart defects each year in India. Of these, only around 10,000 children are operated in 13 major centres in India."
He further added, "there is a need for more dedicated centres for treating CHDs in our country."
Thursday, November 27, 2014. Source: webindia123.com
The coverage also appeared in:
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018
- Key to saving your life: Don't lock your phone03 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospitals awarded "Best clinical practices of the year award" at Navabharat Value Based Healthcare Summit and Awards 201815 Nov, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital female staff goes pink in October09 Oct, 2018
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018