Considering gender violence is rampant everywhere with rising cases of sexual assault, molestation, murder and kidnapping, self-defense for women is of utmost importance.
Being a responsible corporate, Wockhardt Hospital put a foot forward and observed International Women’s Day this year with “I am fearless” campaign, by training female work force in self-defense techniques. The self defense training was given by safety-in-charge officers i.e. Women police officers- Self-defense for the women, by the women!
The one hour training program also included a pledge- ‘Pledge for Parity’ after which Wockhardt hospital shared the “I am fearless” - Wockhardian Brave Medal with female Wockhardians. This inculcated a feeling of power within each of them making them stronger & fearless.
The campaign was observed at Wockhardt hospitals group across the places like at Mira Road, Nagpur, Goa, Surat, Nashik, Vashi and Rajkot locations where the total number 1375 Female staff gets self-defence training from Women police officers.
Ms. Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals, said, “A large number of women work round the clock in the hospital premises. On International Women’s day, “I am fearless” campaign is a step to ensure their safety. Being a responsible corporate we are happy to carry out such initiatives which make them strong both mentally and physically.
Dr. Rajani Tewari, Head HR, Wockhardt Hospitals expressing her thoughts said, “The purpose of this initiative is to empower and equip every female staff of Wockhardt hospitals in self defence techniques. I am very thankful to the police officials for giving us their valuable time and inputs in making this initiative a success.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018