Zahabiya Khorakiwala, Managing Director, Wockhardt Hospitals Limited was felicitated by ‘WOW Young Business Woman Leader’ award for her concentrated efforts in her profession, making a distinctive mark of her in the society. The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards were presented by Lions Club International at a grand felicitation ceremony celebrating Womanhood in Mumbai on International Women’s Day.
The Women of Wonder (WOW) Awards are a special honor created by Lions Club International’s Women Empowerment Committee to celebrate and recognize accomplished emerging women leaders who represent the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders across a wide range of disciplines and fields: business, sports, government, social responsibility, arts and media.
Jury and organizers of WOW Lions Awards opined that Zahabiya Khorakiwala is not only a good business woman, but also inherits the qualities of leadership and management. They felicitated her for the vigor and enthusiasm she brings in to the organisation at a young age, and her determination & dedication to drive the business on wheels independently.
Zahabiya Khorakiwala is the driving force behind the super specialty Wockhardt Hospitals. As the Managing Director, Zahabiya has transformed Wockhardt hospitals into an entity that stands for patient safety and quality care. She sets very high standards on both these parameters and personally monitors quality standards. Her passion for healthcare and ‘no compromise’ approach has enabled Wockhardt hospitals to set benchmarks in clinical outcomes. Under her leadership, Wockhardt Hospitals has set up two large hospitals in Mumbai last year. The `New Age’ Wockhardt Hospital in South Mumbai has become the epitome of Patient care, Technology and Skills in a very short time. The Wockhardt Hospital at Mira Road has fulfilled a long existing unmet need of high and tertiary care for the vast population of far western suburbs
Expressing her happiness over the wins, Zahabiya Khorakiwala said, “I thank the organizers and the jury for presenting me with this prestigious award. WOW- Women of Wonder award means a lot in itself. No doubt women are born to do wonders, and they do wonders in their day to day life as well. Today a woman is known for being independent - standing for herself, her family and her workplace; she is one power that reflects perseverance, devotion and strength. All women should be proud of who they are and how they touch so many lives in different ways. Through this award, I wish to encourage other women to chase their dreams boldly, stay unbounded and gain higher achievements
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018
- Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons04 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon04 Jul, 2018
- Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially04 Jul, 2018