A 21-year-old brain-dead man's liver and kidneys were donated to save three lives by his mother, who is employed with a private hospital in Mira Road. His eyes too were donated.
On October 20, at 7.30pm, Pratik Uchil, a resident of Mira Road, was riding pillion with a friend. The rider lost control of the two-wheeler on Kashimira flyover and skid. Pratik, who was employed with a travel agency in Malad, fell on the road and was run over by a vehicle coming from the opposite direction. He was not wearing a helmet.
Pratik was taken to the nearby Orbit Hospital and later moved to Wockhardt Hospital in Mira Road, where doctors declared him brain dead on Saturday . Pratik's mother Rupa, who has been working in the billing department of Wockhardt Hospital since five years, decided to donate his organs. Hospital authorities said Rupa was aware of the organ donation drive after an awareness programme was held at the hospital.
The city has seen 50 cadaver donations so far this year. Crusaders of organ donation are hopeful that it will breach the record number of 58 donations last year.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018