- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.
“Once we go back home, we will tell all our relatives and friends how India is helping us put our children back on their feet,” said Mohammad Ali, grandfather to seven-year-old Ali Talal. Against the backdrop of World Cerebral Palsy Day, families from Yemen, a war-torn country in the Middle East, said Indian doctors are offering hope to children suffering from congenital disorder of movement, muscle tone or posture.
Cerebral palsy —a neurological disorder — is a result of abnormal brain development often before or immediately after birth. Patients show symptoms such as impaired movement, abnormal reflexes, floppiness or rigidity of the limbs, abnormal posture, involuntary movements, unsteady walking.
Orthopaedic surgeon Dr Atul Bhaskar said he has treated at least four Yemeni children diagnosed with cerebral palsy. Two of them, Talal and Abdul Rehman, underwent surgeries for contracture removal Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, last week. A contracture is the permanent shortening of a muscle or joint in a concentrated muscle area.
Both families are likely to return home by the end of October.
Big congratulations to Dr Atul Bhaskar Wockhardt Hospitals Mira Road and clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018