- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor
Public awareness about organ donation is fast picking up and to save lives. A 22 year old youth who met with an accident on November 22 as his mo-bike skidded in front of LIT College gate was admitted to Local hospital in a critical condition was found irreversible coma setting in him. On informing his parents they without wasting time agreed for the noble cause of organ donation which would save five lives. Successively the status was informed to ZTCC Nagpur, and in turn a call was made to Wockhardt.
Dr Sanjay Kolte, Kidney Transplant surgeon at Wockhardt hospital said, the organs were well utilised. This year has seen the maximum cadaver transplant as compared to the earlier years. It shows that the awareness has increased among the public on Organ donation. Dr Suryashree Pandey seconded Dr Kolte’s Opinion and said, the increase in awareness on Organ donation is becoming quite evident and proving beneficial to the health care system as well as the country.
Today is National Organ Donation day, Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur staff was happy that they could benefit 3 patients requiring organ transplant said K. Sujatha, Centre Head, Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur.
Big congratulations to Dr. Sanjay Kolte, Dr. Suryashree Pandey from Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur and other clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017
- Mumbai docs gives hope to Yemeni Children with cerebral palsy.09 Oct, 2017
- Ambulance driver saves South Bombay biker hurt due to pothole09 Oct, 2017
- 78-year-old brain-dead man gives a new life to two17 Sep, 2017
- Senior citizen desk inaugurated at the Wockhardt Hospital, Nashik08 Sep, 2017
- Help desk at Mumbai airport to save foreign patients from touts05 Sep, 2017
- How healthcare organisations are using data analytics to improve clinical outcomes17 Aug, 2017
- How Wockhardt Hospitals CIO built an automated cost analysis model17 Aug, 2017