- Wockhardt's hat-trick of Green Corridor
Public awareness about organ donation is fast picking up and to save lives. A 22 year old youth who met with an accident on November 22 as his mo-bike skidded in front of LIT College gate was admitted to Local hospital in a critical condition was found irreversible coma setting in him. On informing his parents they without wasting time agreed for the noble cause of organ donation which would save five lives. Successively the status was informed to ZTCC Nagpur, and in turn a call was made to Wockhardt.
Dr Sanjay Kolte, Kidney Transplant surgeon at Wockhardt hospital said, the organs were well utilised. This year has seen the maximum cadaver transplant as compared to the earlier years. It shows that the awareness has increased among the public on Organ donation. Dr Suryashree Pandey seconded Dr Kolte’s Opinion and said, the increase in awareness on Organ donation is becoming quite evident and proving beneficial to the health care system as well as the country.
Today is National Organ Donation day, Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur staff was happy that they could benefit 3 patients requiring organ transplant said K. Sujatha, Centre Head, Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur.
Big congratulations to Dr. Sanjay Kolte, Dr. Suryashree Pandey from Wockhardt Hospitals Nagpur and other clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- How Gujarat teen who attempted suicide found his voice after 3 years in Mumbai26 Apr, 2018
- Make Time for your health11 Apr, 2018
- Social acceptance helps reduce impact of autism, say doctors02 Apr, 2018
- News on the increase in Osteoarthritis in women and how to deal with it25 Mar, 2018
- Woman saves husband by donating part of her liver20 Mar, 2018
- Healthcare Provision Positive for Industry02 Feb, 2018
- 35 liver recipients, donors to take part in (Mumbai Marathon) Dream Run representing Wockhardt Hospital SOBO17 Jan, 2018
- Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery01 Dec, 2017
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives24 Oct, 2017