Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery
01 Dec, 2017

facebookTwitter LinkdinGoogle Plus

  • Infant swallows pin,saved after surgery

Mira Road doctors saved the life of a 11-month-old girl from Bhayander, who swallowed a safety pin that got stuck in her esophagus (food pipe) last week.

The girl’s mother said she realised something was wrong after the infant began crying profusely and refused to drink water or milk. The woman took her daughter to the family paediatrician, who saw the pin on a chest X-ray.

She then took the infant to Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, where ENT surgeon Dr Neepa Vellimuttam examined the child and ruled out respiratory distress. Images showed that the open safety pin was embedded in the pharynx wall, but had not pierced it.

After an hour-long surgery, the pin was retrieved without any injury or trauma to the infant’s upper gastrointestinal tract.

Big congratulations to Dr Lalit Verma and Dr Neepa Vellimuttam, Wockhardt Hospitals Mira Road and clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.

Other News

News

  • Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals
    18 Jul, 2018
  • Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients
    16 Jul, 2018
  • Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record
    10 Jul, 2018
  • Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant
    06 Jul, 2018
  • Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes
    06 Jul, 2018
  • Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb
    04 Jul, 2018
  • Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai
    04 Jul, 2018
  • Expert says potholes lead to physical and mental stress in people during monsoons
    04 Jul, 2018
  • Mumbai sees six dengue cases after first spell of monsoon
    04 Jul, 2018
  • Lupus – The Disease That Can Present Just With Joint Pains Initially
    04 Jul, 2018