Wockhardt Hospitals has always supported and build awareness about Organ donation cause in much way. Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai central who has conducted many organ transplant operation successfully and saved many lives is conducting one of the most innovative campaigns where more than 35 organ donors & recipients are participating in The Tata Mumbai Marathon, on 21st January 2018 led by a Dr Anurag Shrimal, Abdominal Organ transplantation and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgeon.
The TATA Mumbai Marathon (previously known as Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon) is Asia’s largest charity platform for non-profit organisations to raise funds. Since 2004 in the history of Mumbai Marathon 1st time 35 organ recipients & donors is participating in this marathon for Organ Donation cause. Dr. Anurag Shrimal and his team initiated this activity to promote organ donation cause among Mumbaikars. Dr. Anurag Shrimal and Team practicing for the last 2 weeks at Marine Drive and encouraging participants to walk 45 minutes daily to gain strength for 6.6 km dream run in this Marathon. The youngest runner is 18 year old Aasra Shaikh a liver recipient from Aurangabad and oldest patient is 57 year old Mr. Mehta Liver recipients from Mumbai.
Commenting on this Dr. Anurag Shrimal, Surgical Oncology Consultant - Abdominal Organ Transplantation & HPB Surgeon from Wockhardt Hospital said, “As there is own challenges and myths in organ donation drive but all governments’ bodies & Private institution and hospitals are making a lot of effort to make awareness about organ donation. In India more than 70 % population are not aware about what is all about organ donation? And country like India where lot of medical myths are circulated rapidly and people will show negative response for such Nobel cause. So this time we have appealed people who received organs from cadaver and through live organ donors must participate in this Marathon which is largest Marathon in ASIA. We want to circulate a strong message that organ donation act will not only save a life but it will give quality of life to person who is in organ waiting list for many months. Such patients having no choice other than wait for organ or depart this life because of non-receiving organ.”
Let's give a round of applause to Dr. Anurag Shrimal and his clinical team, Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO.
Link : http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-news/mumbai-marathon-35-liver-recipients-donors-to-take-part-in-dream-run/story-okYPqnVetnPA2CHbQtXdcI.html
- Wockhardt Hospital female staff goes pink in October09 Oct, 2018
- City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur22 Aug, 2018
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018