City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur
Dr Sameet Pathak, Cardio Thoracic surgeon and Vascular Surgeon from Nagpur has saved life of a 60-year-old critically-ill patient from Amravati. By performing surgery for a rare heart defect called as ‘aortic dissection’ in which the aorta, the main blood vessel arising from the heart, gets torn or split into a two-barrel tube.
The patient required replacement of both the damaged aorta and the aortic valve. The patient, when being brought to Nagpur from Amravati, started developing heart failure and had severe chest pain along with very low blood pressure. His kidney and brain were also affected badly. The patient had also developed paralysis of left limbs. “Had the surgery not been done on time, the patient would have died within 48 hours,” Dr Pathak, who performed the surgery at Wockhardt Hospital, told Times of India.
Big congratulations to Dr Sameet Pathak, Dr Awantika Jaiswal – Anaesthetist, Dr. Suryashree Pandey, Dr. Ankur Jain – Neurologist, Dr. Nitin Shinde – Intensivist, Dr. Rita Devhare – Perfusionist, Sisters - Jijo Varghese, Shino Cherian and Shubhangi Dhepe and other clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Hosp staffer donates brain-dead son's organs to save 3 lives20 Aug, 2018
- Mumbai’s Wockhardt hospital becomes the first one in India to have ENLS certified emergency staff12 Aug, 2018
- Zahabiya Khorakiwala MD talk about the trailblazing progress of Wockhardt Hospitals18 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt sets up 13-bed dialysis unit in South Mumbai with 3 extra beds for hepatitis B/C, HIV positive patients16 Jul, 2018
- Mumbai doctor removes 1.7kg gall bladder cyst, may have set world record10 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt organises programme to improve patient’s clinical outcomes06 Jul, 2018
- Nine-months-old boy youngest to undergo successful liver transplant06 Jul, 2018
- Wockhardt hospital starts haematology, haemato oncology, BMT facility in north Mumbai suburb04 Jul, 2018
- Leptospirosis claims three lives in Mumbai04 Jul, 2018