City doc saves critically ill patient of split aorta, a rare heart defect : Wockhardt Hospital, Nagpur
Dr Sameet Pathak, Cardio Thoracic surgeon and Vascular Surgeon from Nagpur has saved life of a 60-year-old critically-ill patient from Amravati. By performing surgery for a rare heart defect called as ‘aortic dissection’ in which the aorta, the main blood vessel arising from the heart, gets torn or split into a two-barrel tube.
The patient required replacement of both the damaged aorta and the aortic valve. The patient, when being brought to Nagpur from Amravati, started developing heart failure and had severe chest pain along with very low blood pressure. His kidney and brain were also affected badly. The patient had also developed paralysis of left limbs. “Had the surgery not been done on time, the patient would have died within 48 hours,” Dr Pathak, who performed the surgery at Wockhardt Hospital, told Times of India.
Big congratulations to Dr Sameet Pathak, Dr Awantika Jaiswal – Anaesthetist, Dr. Suryashree Pandey, Dr. Ankur Jain – Neurologist, Dr. Nitin Shinde – Intensivist, Dr. Rita Devhare – Perfusionist, Sisters - Jijo Varghese, Shino Cherian and Shubhangi Dhepe and other clinical team members who proved “Life wins’.
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018