Amar (name changed) had recently got a new phone and just hadn't found the time to lock it. Little did he know, this would end up being the key to saving his life. Thane resident Amar, 45, was on his way to work at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) when he suffered a stroke and collapsed on the roadside. A Good Samaritan found his phone in his pocket, and luckily, the device wasn’t password protected, so he was able to call Amar’s wife, Ritika, and notify her of his condition. Ritika immediately sent a friend to rush Amar to the hospital within the golden hour.
Dr Mazda Turel, Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central, said, "The patient had a haemorrhage within an infarction of his right cerebral hemisphere, and was rapidly deteriorating clinically. Hence we decided immediately to take him to surgery. We removed his bone flap and deposited it in the abdomen. This procedure provided space for his swollen brain to expand outward, rather than compress the vital structures within. He was then shifted to the ICU."
Amar was discharged around a fortnight ago, on his way to making a full recovery.
Big congratulations to Dr. Mazda K. Turel, Consultant Neurosurgeon and other nursing team members of Wockhardt Hospitals SOBO.
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018
- Wockhardt Hospital, SOBO Launches a Diabetes Clinic Powered by Wellthy Therapeutics10 Dec, 2018