15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt
The Wockhardt Hospital at Mumbai Central on Monday announced that it had successfully performed 15 complicated heart surgeries on children this year. The hospital has started an initiative called Little Heart where patients who cannot afford treatment are offered free surgeries.
Dr. Suresh Joshi, director of the hospital’s paediatric and congenital heart centre, said, "Cardiac procedures are complex, and when we speak of paediatric cardiac procedures, it gets more critical. We have performed an open heart surgery on a four-hour-old baby. We are setting new clinical benchmarks every time we conduct a procedure."
The hospital felicitated Rotary International president-elect Mark Maloney at the event.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018