Parents of a 27-year old man from Virar, who suffered a brain haemorrhage, donated his vital organs to four critically ill patients.
The donor was admitted to Wockhardt Hospital in Mira Road on November 18. “The doctors declared him brain-dead on Thursday,” Ravi Hirwani, centre head of Wockhardt Hospital, said.
While one kidney was transplanted to a patient in Wockhardt, the second was sent to KEM Hospital in Parel. The liver and heart were transplanted to patients in Fortis Hospital at Mulund. This is the 44th organ donation in Mumbai this year.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life10 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018