Mumbai: Man has stroke, unlocked cell phone saves life
Doctors at Wockhardt hospital, Mumbai Central successfully treated 45-year-old business man Nitin Kamat who was admitted for a brain stroke while going to work during morning hours. Nitin Kamat as per his routine was on his way to office. While on his way he got a sudden stroke. An unknown person saw him fainting and helped him. He took his phone, which was unlocked and called his wife immediately who reached on the spot.
They took him to nearby hospital, but due to unsatisfactory results they had to shift him to Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central. Dr Mazda Turel, Consultant Neurosurgeon, Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai Central, said, “It was a very emergent case. Nitin Kamat had a haemorrhage within an infarction of his right cerebral hemisphere and was rapidly deteriorating clinically. Hence we decided immediately to take him for surgery. “We removed his bone flap and placed it into the abdomen.
This procedure provides space for the swollen brain to expand outward rather than compress the vital structures within. He was then shifted in ICU. After two to three weeks we again performed the surgery to replace the bone flap and give his skull the required shape,” added Dr Mazda. He further said the patient will regained his full power in his left upper and lower limb with 6 to 8 weeks of an intense rehabilitation programme.
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018
- Four critical patients get new lease of life10 Dec, 2018
- 15 children undergo heart surgery at Wockhardt10 Dec, 2018