Call direct appointment number
South Mumbai - Mumbai Central
MBBS MD, D.M, F.A.C.P. (U.S.A.)
Cancer Specialist ,Blood Specialist
Dr. Pinto is a Medical oncologist (Cancer Specialist) and a Hematologist (Blood Specialist). He successfully uses targeted chemotherapies and immunotherapy to treat cancer. He focuses on the genetic mutations and resistance pathways of cancers on chemotherapy to specifically treat them. He also treats leukemias, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and performs Bone Marrow Stem Cell transplantation. He also specializes in benign blood disorders like low blood counts (red blood, white blood or platelet counts), anemias, thalessemias and bleeding disorders.
Dr. Pinto after attaining his M.B.B.S. from Bombay University trained and worked in the U.S.A. for 15 years where he completed his M.D. (Medicine), D.M. (Hematology), D.M. (Medical Oncology), M.P.H. (Master’s in Public health) in New York. He has trained and worked at the top centers of the world such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York University, Columbia University, State University of New York. He additionally gained training and experience in Autologous, Allogenic and Umbilical Cord Bone Marrow Stem Cell transplantation at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, State University of New York, and Tata Memorial Hospital.
Dr.Pinto’s cutting edge research has been published in the top international and national scientific journals. A member of American Society of Bone Marrow Transplantation, American Society of Clinical Oncology and American Society of Hematology, he has been invited to present his extensive research work and clinical experience across the world.
• MBBS (Bombay University)
• MD (New York, USA)
• Master’s in Public Health (New York, USA)
• D.M. (Hematology) (New York, USA)
• D.M. (Medical Oncology) (New York, USA)
• F.A.C.P. (U.S.A.)
• Oncology- Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Ovarian Cancer and other solid tumors
• Leukemias, Lymphomas, Multiple Myeloma, Myelodysplastic Syndrome
• Bone Marrow / Stem cell transplantation
• Hematology- Blood disorders like anemias, low white blood cell (WBC), low platelets and bleeding disorders
• Targeted Chemotherapy
• Palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies
Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai A New Age Hospital 1877, Dr.Anand Rao Nair Road, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central (E), Mumbai- 400 011