Novo Technique” a method developed by Dr Jayesh Sonje, Wockhardt Hospitals, Nashik, enables to perform successful Knee transplant in just 25 minutes with just a 15 cm incision.
The surgery can be done on elderly patients who are suffering from severe joint pain. Arthritis increase with age and affects weight bearing joint Arthritis cause weakness in the bones .Elderly patient s are affected the post. The benefits of this surgery are seen in the young as well as old.
Prior precautions are taken prior to the surgery. It also gives a sense of comfort other patient as the post-operative management is short and recovery is faster than regular surgery. Post- operative drugs given to the elderly for pain and infection is less causing fewer side effects to kidney and liver.
The technique involves a smaller incision as compared to the conventional surgery therefore reducing blood loss and early healing.
Dr Sonje said “It takes only 30 to 40 minutes for a surgery on one knee. It requires fewer instruments.
Main Benefits of surgery:
Shorter duration of surgery lesser surgical equipment and
Ensured precise alignment.
Surgery is cost-effective
Post -operative pain is less
Patient can start walking within four hours after the surgery
Short stay of patient
Reduced blood loss and less chance of infections
Physiotherapy days less for rehab of patient
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- 70 Year Old Businessman Heart Stopped Beating for 10 Minutes Was Revived by Wockhardt Team12 Feb, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018