Cardiac and Intensive care Team at Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road, successfully treated a businessman who collapsed on the road after having chest pain. He suffered from cardiac arrest during his course in hospital. The patient was given Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and cardiac massage for 10 minutes to revive him. A challenging coronary artery bypass surgery was performed timely, gave him a fresh lease of life.
Life was smooth until, Mr. Dilip Shah, a 70-year-old businessman based in Bhayander felt acutely unwell while walking on road. He developed acute onset chest pain and suddenly collapsed on street on December 11, 2019, and was immediately rushed to the emergency department of Wockhardt Hospital. On evaluation, it was revealed that he had complete heart block, low blood pressure, and ECG suggested that he suffered from a major heart attack.
Dr. Chetan Bhambure consultant cardiologist, Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road informed 'The patient received emergency resuscitation and was subjected to angiography. His angiography revealed a 95% block in his left main coronary He was not a suitable candidate of coronary interventional procedures (angioplasty) due to the extensive nature of the disease.
Dr. Bipin Jibhkate Consultant Intensivist briefed 'After angiography, the patient was shifted to ICU where he suffered cardiac arrest, and required multiple cardiac emergency like cardiac massage and CPR, is a life-saving technique used in medical emergencies such as cardiac arrest. He regained the rhythm and Blood Pressure after 10 minutes of CPR. The patient was stabilized in ICU taken up for coronary artery bypass surgery to improve the blood supply to his heart.
Dr. Upendra Bhalerao Consultant cardiac surgeon, Wockhardt Hospital, Mira Road said 'A coronary artery bypass surgery was performed on Mr. Shah. The procedure was extremely high risk and challenging, due to the critical nature of the blockages and poor heart function.
After a successful heart surgery the patient has resumed his daily life without any cardiac symptoms.
I thank the doctors for helping me cheat death and my condition has 100% improved,' concluded Patient Mr. Dilip Shah.
- Life Wins: Successful Brain surgery gave new lease of Life to a Ghana Student12 Feb, 2020
- New technique of joint replacement surgery a boon for elderly patients at Wockhardt hospital, Nashik30 Jan, 2020
- Wockhardt Hospital Express Healthcare May 201910 Jun, 2019
- Increase in heart disease..18 Apr, 2019
- A minimal Invasive surgery for mitral valve in heart was successfully performed04 Apr, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Doctor creates controlled heart attack for good cause! : Wockhardt Hospital SOBO01 Mar, 2019
- Care Wins, Life Wins : Rare case of Cortication of Aorta treated successfully : Wockhardt Hospital Nashik25 Jan, 2019
- 82-year-old man first from Central India to get leadless pacemaker implanted27 Dec, 2018
- No silicone implants in breasts, doctors tell Australia woman who underwent operation in Thailand10 Dec, 2018