Reaching out to the elderly… Specialized Services Adopted by Wockhardt Hospital:
The aging process impacts every aspect of an individual’s life physical, mental and emotional including family members and caregivers. When people age, they often hospitals for a variety of different conditions. They go from one appointment to another, seeing multiple doctors with little to no coordination of care. This can be frustrating and confusing—for both patients and their loved ones, too.
That is why it’s essential to provide specialized services to take care of senior citizens need at the hospital and to provide a compassionate, understanding care.
Getting older can bring senior health challenges. By being aware of these common chronic conditions, you can take steps to stave off disease as you age
Health conditions affecting the elderly include:
1. Arthritis is probably the number one condition that people 65 or older contend with making movement difficult and painful
2. Heart Disease As people age, they're increasingly living with risk factors, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol that increase the chances of having a stroke or developing heart disease.
3. Cancer as per the risk factors associated some elderly patients are prone to risk cancer.
4. Respiratory Diseases like Chronic lower respiratory diseases, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) bronchitis or emphysema. Although having a chronic respiratory disease increases senior health risks, making you more vulnerable to pneumonia and other infections
5. Alzheimer’s Disease a generative neurological conditions leading to memory severe loss, dementia and overall degenerative condition, Very prevalent in India today,
6. Osteoporosis can contribute to senior citizens to become less mobile and potentially disabling them with increase chances of falls and fractures.
7. Diabetes and its complication very common condition in India
9. Falls and Fractures: The risk for falls requiring emergency room care increases with age and is a very common medical emergency for elderly citizens
12. Depression is seen very rampantly in his age group. A threat to senior health, depression can lower immunity and can compromise a person’s ability to fight infections
13. Oral Health and dental issues
14 Kidney related diseases due to underlying complications and associated risk factors.
15. Elderly patients are also prone to a variety of bacterial and viral skin infections like herpes and complication of underlying disease or simply because of drop in their immunity.
Apart from medical services to help patients the hospital should also cater to needs of these patients to assist them various procedures at the hospital making it easy for them to visit doctors and gave the essential treatment through an essential one point contact for supportive and logistics services in and around the hospital. This coordinated care of services and patient care will ease the patient through his transitions from home, to the hospital and other needed facilities and also be a comfort to the relative and caregivers
Towards this step and further underrating of geriatric care Wockhardt hospital has launched a thoughtful initiative for senior citizens. This initiative will add to the comfort of the senior citizens and assist them more effectively.
Wockhardt hospital launched a senior citizen deskin its Nashik hospital. Such a requirement is the need of the hour for to help out the elderly when they are visiting the hospital.
SENIOR CITIZEN PRIORITY CARE HELP DESK
About Wockhardt Hospitals
A 50-year-old legacy and tradition of caring is what Wockhardt Hospital stands on. Wockhardt Hospitals has been proactive in bringing innovative nurturing for better health. Wockhardt Hospitals has become a leading health service provider with its strong presence in the western parts of the country i.e. Mumbai, Nagpur Rajkot, Nasik and Surat. This group of 8 hospitals fulfils the need of the community in its chosen field of super specialty like Cardiology, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Gastroenterology, Urology, Aesthetics and Minimal Access Surgery.
Wockhardt Hospitals has state-of-the-art infrastructure. Our prime objective is patient safety and quality of care at all levels. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.
Wockhardt Hospitals follow process driven quality systems that adhere to international standards of clinical care, safe environment, infection control and respect for patient rights & privacy. Many of the Wockhardt group of hospitals has accreditation of the NABH (National Accreditation Board of Hospitals &Healthcare), the highest and the most stringent quality standards institution in India and the National authority in healthcare accreditation. To achieve high degree of clinical excellence, we have entered into strategic alliances with Partners Medical International, USA, whereby Wockhardt Hospitals has access to Harvard’s expertise and experience in the fields of surgery and other Medicare services. Wockhardt group of hospitals in India is a preferred destination for patients from Europe, USA, Africa, Middle East and South Asia.