Dr.Khursheed Ahmad Ansari
M.B.B.S., M.S. (General Surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery), Post-Doctoral Fellowship (Skull base surgery)
Dr. Khursheed Ansari, M.S. (General Surgery) went on to do a M.Ch. in Neurosurgery and followed it up with a Post-doctoral Fellowship in Skull base surgery. Currently working as a neurosurgeon, he has also presented a number of papers at national conferences. He initiated a research project while pursuing M.Ch. (Neurosurgery) and worked upon ‘Evaluation of Long Term Outcome in Surgically Treated Posterior Fossa Epidermoid’ in 2012.
Research and Publications:
Paper presentation at National conference:
- Gopalakrishnan CV, Ansari KA, Nair S, Menon G.: “Long term outcome of surgically treated posterior fossa Epidermoid” –Clin. Neurol Neurosurg. 2014 Feb; 117: 93-9.
- Spontaneous regression of posterior fossa tumour- Case report.
- Schwannoma of greater superficial petrosal nerve- 3 cases and clinicoradiological review- short report
- Aneurysm of AICA-PICA- Case report
- Melanotic neuroectodermal tumour of infancy failed to respond to chemotherapy- Case report
- Colloid cyst of third ventricle in identical twin sisters” – Case report.
Conferences & CMEs attended:
- "Primary cerebellar glioblastoma multiforme in adults:A retrospective study and case based update” in NEUROCON 2011, at Bangaluru in December.
- “Long term outcome in surgically treated posterior fossa epidermoid” retrospective study of 50 cases, at NEUROCON 2013 Mumbai in December.
- National conference of Neurological society of India (NEUROCON 2013) at Mumbai from 12th to 15th December, 2013.
- National Conference of Neurological society of India (NEUROCON 2011) at Bengaluru from 15th to 18th December, 2011.
- National Conference of Skull Base Surgery Society of India (BASECON 2010), at Trivandrum, 7th to 9th October, 2010.
- Midas Rex High Speed Drill Workshop conducted during Basecon 2010 from 7th to 9th October, 2010.
- Attended workshop on intensive care and mechanical ventilation in trauma patients at LTMMC, Sion Hospital, Mumbai September 2007.
•M.B.B.S.: MGM’s Medical College, New Mumbai.
•M.S (General Surgery): Lokmanya Tilak Medical College and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
•M.Ch. (Neurosurgery): Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
•Post-doctoral Fellowship: SCTIMST.
•Brain tumor surgery
•Minimal Invasive Brain and Spine surgery.