The Department of Best Rheumatology services is at our centers in Wockhardt Hospital advanced treatment bone and joint disorders. The department specializes in managing patients suffering from Autoimmune disorders or Connective tissue disorders. Autoimmune diseases are conditions in which the immune system of the body treats its own tissues as foreign and tries to destroy them. Rheumatic diseases consist of more than 100 conditions.
Diseases that affect joints and soft tissues and the allied conditions of connective tissues are evaluated by a specialist team of doctors of arthritis specialists called rheumatologists. If the symptoms are ignored for a long period of time, it can lead to joint deformity or permanent damage. Most of the time, the joint disease spreads to muscles, blood vessels, skin, kidneys, eyes, soft tissue gets affected, and internal organs.
At Wockhardt Hospital rheumatologists treat every kind of rheumatic arthritic condition. The joint pain clinics in the least our centers in Mumbai, Nashik, Rajkot, and Nagpur provide expert and personalized look after every patient. We’ve one in every of the most effective for soft tissue rheumatism diagnosis and treatment in all our hospitals.
Our joint pain specialists in Mumbai/Rajkot/Nashik/ NAGPUR are accomplished within the evaluation and treatment of rheumatic diseases. The centers are empaneled with the best doctor for autoimmune disease and the best doctor for juvenile autoimmune disease in Mumbai and other centers.
The rheumatology center in Mumbai/Nashik/Nagpur and Rajkot treats all conditions including various forms of arthritis, autoimmune diseases, degenerative joint diseases, crystal arthritis, and soft tissue rheumatism. The consultants in rheumatology provide interdisciplinary care working in conjunction with other specialties like general medicine, orthopedics, dermatology, nephrology, gastroenterology, neurology physical medicine, and rehabilitation to supply an all-inclusive treatment and also help in recovery from these conditions.
- Patients with rheumatology show symptoms of chronic joint pain, swelling, and stiffness of joints. Arthritis (which literally means inflammation of the joints) is characterized by pain swelling and limited movement of the joints along with stiffness which is worst in the morning for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Neck & Back pain associated with stiffness
- Limited movement of the affected joint
- The joint pain can be associated with redness, swelling, and warmth in a joint or affected area, loss of motion in a joint or joints, and multiple other Musculoskeletal diseases.
- Fingers/toes turning blue or white in cold conditions.
- Weakness of muscles with difficulty climbing stairs, getting up from a low position, combing hair, etc.
- Non-joint-related symptoms: fever, rashes, oral ulcers, and muscle weakness.
- Various internal organs involved can cause breathlessness, decreased urine output, and convulsions.
- Osteoporosis of bones can result in fractures at the spine, wrist, and hip with minimal trauma.
The main cause is when the immune system attacks the synovium of joints and destroys the cartilage and bone within the joint. The immune system attacks healthy tissue in your joints. It could be due to genetic components or triggered by environmental factors — such as infection with certain viruses and bacteria.
The tendons and ligaments that hold the joint together weaken and stretch bones causing the joint disorder.
Following structures are affected in musculoskeletal disorders of joints
cartilage – the stretchy connective tissue between bones
tendons – the tissue that connects bone to muscle
ligaments – the tissue that connects bone and cartilage
- Arthritis which affects the joints and spine: atrophic arthritis, autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis
- Autoimmune Multisystem Diseases which affect the joints, skin, various internal organs of the body: SLE, Vasculitis, Myositis, and Sarcoidosis
- Metabolic Bone Diseases: Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, and viosterol deficiency
- Soft Tissue Rheumatism: Myofascial Pain, Fi Osteoarthritis, Chronic back pains, Lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, Scleroderma, Polymyalgia rheumatica, Tendinitis Inflammation
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis – Arthritis in children
- Arthropathies related to infections, endocrine, hematological, metabolic conditions
- Soft tissue rheumatism – fibromyalgia, regional pain syndromes frozen shoulder, lateral epicondylitis
- Vasculitic disorders – ANCA vasculitis, Takayasu’s arteritis primary & secondary vasculitis
- Crystal deposition disorders – Gout, Pseudogout
- Osteoarthritis – OA Knees, cervical & lumbar spondylosis
ANA(ANTINUCLAER ANTIBODY), dsDNA, ANA blot ANCA, RF(rheumatoid factor), AntiCCP, HCA B27 by PCR,
C-reactive Protein, ESR
Anti ENA TEST.
HLA diagnostic assay
Radiological tests: Xrays, Ultrasonography of Joints, CT Scan, MRI PET Scan, DEXA Scan(densitometry)
- Rheumatic diseases are chronic diseases, often complex and sometimes misdiagnosed. Although mild cases of such diseases are diagnosed by your general Physician, the Rheumatologist is that the specialist when it involves diagnosing and treating them comprehensively. We are one of the simplest hospitals to treat arthritic conditions by the most effective doctors in rheumatology.
- Supportive care: heat and cold compress management, rest, assisted devices
- Disease-modifying drugs like Methotrexate control the arthritis fine and forestall deformities and damage. Drugs like Steroids, Janus Kinase Inhibitors, Azathioprine prevents the abnormal attack of the system and might be organ and lifesaving.
- Treatment for soft tissue rheumatism includes anti-inflammatory drugs that help reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Biologics are highly effective drugs that are employed in severe arthritis.
- Osteoporosis is best treated with Calcium, calciferol supplement, and bone preserving, and bone-forming medications.
- Joint injections given in certain cases are effective in controlling arthritis. Intraarticular Injection could be a procedure where the affected joint is injected with a needle, through which medications are delivered.
- Each of the rheumatology centers advises Intraarticular Injection which is an injection given in a very joint to treat conditions like gout, tendinitis, bursitis, autoimmune disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, rheumatism, and sometimes osteoarthritis.
- This procedure is additionally wont to remove extra fluid from the joint.
- The injection usually contains corticosteroids which reduce inflammation.
- The joint pain specialists also advise Surgeries for long-standing joint conditions include: tendon repair, synovectomy, joint fusion, joint replacement surgery.
Complementary therapy includes, cryopathy, osteopathy, massage, physiotherapy plays important role in maintaining joint mobility and strengthening the muscles. Lifestyle modification, weight loss, and activity modification are useful in degenerative joint disease.