Dr. Swapna Khanzode is a practicing consultant in Medicine and Critical care since past 12 years. She has done her DNB training from esteemed institute of St Philomenas hospital, Bangalore, which is one of the topmost institutes in DNB courses. Finishing the tough course of DNB in first attempt in 2007, she pursued her interest in Critical Care at Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore as junior consultant. She has expertise in all ICU procedures including CVC insertions, intubations, ICD insertions and tracheostomies. After working there for one and a half year, she did her IDCC (Diploma in Critical Care) from Manipal hospitals, Bangalore. However, her quench for knowledge was unstoppable. She has acquired specialized training in ECMO, from University of Regensburg ( one of the highest volume centers for adult ECMO in the world), Germany under able guidance of Dr Thomas Mueller. She is first certified ECMO Consultant from the city. She has also done certificate course in ultrasound in ICU, from CMC Vellore and is well versed with it. She is competent in managing all problems related to medicine and critical care.
- Hyponatremia in ICU patients ( Thesis submitted to National Board of Examinations, 2007)
- Unusual Case of Haemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis : (Criticare 2011, Agra.)
- Neurolept malignant Syndrome – A rare occurence in traumatic brain injury. Khanzode S, Giri P: (Journal of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, 2017)
- Paroxysmal Sympathetic Hyperactivity Syndrome : Unusual sequelae, Post cardiac arrest (Criticare 2019, Mumbai)
- Tropical fever in a post cardiac surgery patient – (Criticare 2019, Mumbai)