The symptoms of joint pain are
- Pain is common in the shoulder pain, ankle, and knee and hip.
- Joint pain is also referred to as Arthralgia.
- Thereafter you can develop fever, joint swelling, redness, warmth, and stiffness and deformity.
What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
An autoimmune disorder when the body’s immune system attacks its own body cells and tissues. In RA, the immune system attacks the tissue lining the joints and breaks it down over time. It is associated with pain, swelling, and often deformities particularly in the hands and knees .Flares are common for people with RA.
Other causes of Joint Pain are:
- Systemic lupus erythramtous which is a painful joints with skin rash
- Gout a pain condition and swelling of the joint s especially the large toe due to high uric acid levels.
- Certain infectious diseases, such as mumps, influenza, and hepatitis.
- Chondromalacia of the patella, or a breakdown of the cartilage in the kneecap.
- Inflammation of the tendon
Treatment of Joint Pain:
- Anti-inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen can be really effective at reducing inflammation as well as pain. Paracetamol can be very effective.
- Use a hot water bottle to reduce stiffness
- Avoid being in one position for a long time to improve circulation
- Reduce weight
- Exercise regularly
- Take care of your diet
- Above all rest and reduce stress.
Role of Exercise in Joint Pain:
Exercise helps keeps the joints moving and strengthens the muscles around them.
Some Home remedies for Joint Pain:
- Turmeric & Ginger Tea
- Epsom salt soaks
- Lubricate With Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dandelion Leaves
- Blackstrap Molasses Drink
- White Willow Tea
Role of Surgery in Joint Pain:
Joint replacement surgery is a common procedure these days; there are two main types of replacement, replacing either the whole joint or one side only.
Wockhardt Hospitals, a chain of tertiary care super-specialty hospitals has more than 25 years of experience in the creation and management of Super Specialty Hospitals in India.
We are a premiere hospital in the country specializing in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. We provide comprehensive orthopaedic care to our patients. The bone and joint program at Wockhardt Hospitals makes it a centre for excellence in orthopaedics with highly skilled clinical expertise. For further information or any orthopaedic related query visit our experts at Wockhardt Hospital.
Wockhardt Hospitals is regarded as a centre of excellence the healthcare domain, having facilities in North Mumbai (Mira road), South Mumbai (Mumbai Central), Navi Mumbai (Vashi), Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot and Surat. Wockhardt Hospitals has state-of-the-art infrastructure. Our prime objective is patient safety and quality of care at all levels. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.