The aim of the week is to raise awareness of the importance of urological care and its relation to improving Quality of Life. Urology is a medical and surgical speciality which treats conditions medical conditions affecting urinary tract such as infections, management and treatment of prostate conditions like the benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph). Urology also looks into surgical procedures for bladder dysfunctions, prostate cancer, and removal of kidney stones, congenital abnormalities, traumatic injury, and stress incontinence.
Urology treats both female urinary system and male genitourinary conditions the organs under the domain of urology include the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs. A doctor who treats this condition in this speciality is known as an Urologist.
Some common Symptoms associated with Urological diseases include:
• Pain or burning when you urinate
• Fever, tiredness or shakiness
• An urge to urinate often
• Pressure in your lower belly
• Urine that has a foul smelling or has a cloudy or reddish appearance
Common conditions where an urologist consultation and treatment is required are:
1) Recurrent urinary tract infections
2) Difficulty in controlling urine known as urinary incontinence or an overactive bladder
3) Bladder and Prostate Infections
4) Removal of kidney stones
5) Benign enlargement of the prostate known as benign hyperplasia of prostate (bph)
6) Infertility and sexual dysfunction
7) Cancers of the urogenital organs
The field of Urology is very vast and can be divided under various subspecialties, these include:
1) Medical and surgical urology
2) Urologic oncology and urologic oncological surgery: any malignant condition of the genitourinary system is managed with both surgical and medical intervention. Today Laparoscopic surgery and robotic assisted have become the new techniques for treating condition in this speciality.
3) End urology and Endourologic surgery involves conditions and treatment of the urinary tract and transurethral surgery is a type of surgery performed here (turp surgery)
4) Urogynecology and urogynecologic surgery
5) Reconstructive urologic surgery this deals with both reconstruction of structure and restoring function to the genitourinary tract. Some procedures include for the bladder, urinary tract, Prostate, hysterectomies, correcting and removal of blockages commonly urethral strictures as well as conditions affecting reproductive organs. These conditions could arise due to types of obstructions, trauma or accidental injuries.
6) Minimally invasive urologic surgery
7) Paediatric urology and surgery affecting children which are basic congenital anomalies or dysfunction in genitourinary area. It also deals with paediatric urology surgery. A paediatric urologist treats these conditions.
If you are experiencing any of the above complaints please visit our Urology department at our centres of Wockhardt Hospital. Being a premium institute, our centres are supported by an esteemed team of doctors; infrastructure and cutting edge technology are fully equipped to manage all aspects of medical treatment under Urology care.
Wockhardt hospital specialises in Urological procedures and has the state of the art infrastructure for managing both medically and surgically procedures under Urology care. Our hospital boasts of a state-of-the art Reconstructive Urology and Paediatric Urology services.
As part of this speciality the hospital specialises in Kidney Transplant, BPH treatment, Endourology, TURP procedures, Kidney Dialysis and removal of stones. We treat all surgical and medical conditions such urinary tract infections, prostatic conditions like the benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph) and surgical procedures for bladder dysfunctions, prostatic cancer, congenital abnormalities or urogenital system, traumatic injury, and stress incontinence.
We are recognised as a premium centre and are supported by an esteemed team of doctors, infrastructure and cutting edge technology to manage all aspects of medical and surgical conditions in our department.
Wockhardt Hospitals, a chain of tertiary care super-specialty hospitals has more than 25 years of experience in the creation and management of Super Specialty Hospitals in India.
Wockhardt Hospitals have been regarded as centers of excellence in medical science with facilities in North Mumbai (Mira road), South Mumbai (Mumbai Central), Navi Mumbai (Vashi), Nagpur, Nasik, Rajkot and Surat. Wockhardt Hospitals is having state-of-the-art infrastructure whose prime objective is patient safety first and quality of care at the core of its strategy. The guiding philosophy is to serve and enrich the Quality of Life of patients and to make life win.